Announcing New 2023 Adventures by Disney Itineraries: Sicily and the British Isles
From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Melody Vagnini
Wondering where to book your next trip? Better add two more options to your list, because we just announced our exciting lineup of Adventures by Disney itineraries for 2023, including the brand-new Sicily and the British Isles vacations! Now you can see the charming sights of Sicily alongside a team of master Disney storytellers, aka Adventure Guides, or experience the enchantment of the British Isles as you embark on a tour custom-designed by the travel experts at Disney. Like all of our Land Adventures, these vacations will feature all the authentic, immersive and hassle-free travel you can expect from Adventures by Disney. And we’re also thrilled that Private Adventures will return in 2023, providing families and friends the convenience of traveling with their select travel party of up to 12 guests to some of the world’s must-see destinations.
Bookings for the full lineup of 2023 Land Adventures and Private Adventures open to the public on May 13.
Let’s explore the trip highlights planned for the all-new
Adventures by Disney itineraries:
An Unforgettable Tour of Sicily – Ancient Sites, Local Charm and
With stops at five out of the seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites
found in Sicily, our brand-new eight-day, seven-night itinerary takes guests on
a grand tour through Palermo, Monreale, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina,
Caltagirone, Siracusa, Mount Etna and Taormina.
Families traveling on the Sicily Land Adventure will discover:
- The vibrant culture and history of the 2,000-year-old province of Palermo, with a privately guided tour of the 12th-century Monreale Cathedral; a behind-the-scenes visit to the largest theater in Italy — the Teatro Massimo — and a sampling of mouth-watering local delicacies.
- The old-world charm of a small Sicilian village, visiting artisan shops and sharing a traditional village-style lunch alongside locals.
- Ancient Greek and Roman wonders, including the famed Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Neapolis Archaeological Park and Teatro Greco.
- Hands-on ceramic painting, a time-honored Sicilian tradition, in the town of Caltagirone.
- The art of puppetry at Teatro dei Pupi, with a private show, a backstage look at the master puppeteers at work and a rare workshop visit in which guests can customize their own puppet.
- The grandeur of Mount Etna, taking in the stunning terrain surrounding Europe’s highest active volcano by off-road vehicle.
- The beauty of Isola Bella, embarking on a privately chartered boat ride through the Ionian Sea to swim and snorkel in sparkling crystal waters and discover the blue cave of Taormina.
10 Sicily departures are available in 2023, three of which are
reserved for adult guests. And get this … the Adult-Exclusive departures also feature
a scenic sunset cruise around the beautiful island of Ortigia! Sounds
The Best of the British Isles – Celebrating History, Folklore and
Combining all-time guest favorites from the Adventures by Disney England,
Ireland and Scotland itineraries with brand-new experiences, the 10-day,
nine-night British Isles Land Adventure offers a one-of-a-kind tour through
Dublin, Belfast, Antrim Coast, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London — and marks the
first Adventures by Disney excursion to Northern Ireland.
- Ireland: During their two-day adventure in Dublin, guests will explore the story of the Irish people in an interactive museum experience, observe the art of crafting Irish whiskey at a local distillery and enjoy traditional fare at one of the oldest family-owned pubs in the city.
- Northern Ireland: Families will try their hand at making traditional Irish soda bread, take a panoramic tour of the famed sites of Belfast, and enjoy a scenic drive along the Antrim Coast where they will discover mythical legends, picturesque seaside villages and the geological wonders known as the basalt columns at the Giant’s Causeway.
- Scotland: After crossing the North Channel by ferry, guests will discover the celebrated heritage of the bagpipes and try their chanter-playing skills in Glasgow. A royal welcome will await in Edinburgh as families enjoy private access to the Royal Yacht Britannia; explore the historic Royal Mile; and visit the resplendent Edinburgh and Floors Castles.
- England: After a scenic train ride through the English countryside, families will arrive in London where they’ll take part in one of Britain’s famous pastimes, afternoon tea. Later, they will embark on a high-speed boat ride along the River Thames. On the final full day of the adventure, guests will visit some of the city’s must-see attractions, including a private viewing of the Royal Crown Jewels in the Tower of London and a tour of Westminster Abbey.
Nine British Isles departures are available in 2023, four of which
are reserved for adult guests. Adult-Exclusive departures also include a
privately guided tour through the underground vaults of Old Town Edinburgh, where
guests explore the underground labyrinth filled with spine-tingling tales and mysteries.
More information about these brand-new itineraries can be found on adventuresbydisney.com.
Private Adventures Return –
Even More Ways to Adventure Together
to travel with just your group of friends or family (of up to 12)? Then Private
Adventures are for you!
We are pleased to share that Private Adventures will return in 2023 with 11 itineraries: Australia; Costa Rica; Egypt; England and France; Greece; Ireland; Italy; New Zealand; Peru; South Africa and Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Led by a Private Adventure Guide, these trips are designed for a smaller group of guests and offer flexible booking dates. Check out more details about Private Adventures on adventuresbydisney.com.
Sicily to the British Isles — and to all our other Land
Adventures around the world — whichever trip you choose is sure to
be an adventure of a lifetime!
To learn more about Adventures by Disney or to book a vacation, visit adventuresbydisney.com, call 1-800-543-0865 or contact your travel agent.
- Three Disney Culinary Innovators You Need to Know - March 29, 2023
- An Inside Look at How Disney Culinary Cast Craft Egg-Stravagant Easter Egg Displays - March 28, 2023
- Disney Cruise Line Announces Inaugural Sailings to New Island Destination, Family Vacations Around the World in Summer 2024 - March 23, 2023