Here at The Main Street Mouse we believe in the magic of storytelling and the importance of literacy, just like Disney does. We work hard to bring you original and engaging family focused Disney content on our blog. In fact, these things are so near and dear to us that Michele wrote not one, but two books to share the magic; one is the story of Moving to Main Street U.S.A, and the other is a fantastic new children’s book where you can follow the adventures of Gracie as she counts down how many sleeps to Disney. You can check those out,as well as purchase them on Amazon or through Lost Princess Apparel’s website:
We also believe in the importance of giving back and helping communities. Disney Publishing through their Disney Citizenship Program partnered with the non profit organization First Book to embark on a literacy campaign that will donate a maximum of 1 million books to children in need. First Book as an organization provides affordable new books to educators who serve in communities where children don’t have books of their own at home, or even in school. This year will be the seventh year of the literacy campaign and we can all do our part to help.
How far can one millions books go?
The initiative will begin on January 11 and runs through March 31. You can help bring great stories to take kids on fantastic adventures in three ways:
- With every eligible Disney book purchased at a Disney Store or participating retailer through those dates, Disney will donate a new book to First Book.
- Disney will also give one book for every “shelfie” — a selfie photo with a favorite book or in front of a bookshelf — shared on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #MagicOfStorytelling – this includes Michele’s Books! Don’t forget to #TMSM or #TheMainStreetMouse when you share your “shelfie”
- “Visit Disney’s digital reading platform to download digital books designed for parents and children to read together. Disney will donate one book to First Book for every book read in the app.
Additionally, if giving back to those in need wasn’t a sweet enough deal, First Book is hosting a sweepstakes where you can enter to win a trip to Los Angeles for the movie premiere of Dumbo, and a trip to Disneyland. Make sure to visit First Book to learn more about the prize and enter to win.
We can’t wait to see your “Shelfie’s” and celebrate the magic of that storytelling brings children.
- Will Galaxy’s Edge be available during Extra Magic Hours? - May 23, 2019
- Three Limited Disney Rewards for Summer - May 16, 2019
- Walking in Walt’s Footsteps - May 9, 2019