It’s time to break out your white gloves, bow ties, and red lipstick; Dapper Day is back at Walt Disney World! On April 28 and 29, experience the Parks in style when you participate in Dapper Day.
This year during the WDW Spring event, Saturday’s vintage inspired outing takes place at Magic Kingdom while Sunday is all about stylish strutting through the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.
What is Dapper Day? Dapper Day is put on by an organization of the same name that encourages Disney World and Disneyland attendees two weekends a year to come spend a day in the park dressed, well, dapper! Dapper is stylish, and neat. Basically, enjoy the day dressed in retro and vintage inspired looks from famous fashions of the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, or 60s! Join thousands of other creatively dressed people and look like you walked right out of a picture from opening day at the park, or like you belong on 1920s Main Street USA!
Still not sure if Dapper Day is up your alley or how to participate? Here are a few past TMSM articles to help you get started with the basics (these articles discuss Dapper Day Fall 2017 but the principles are the same).
- Get the full 411 on what Dapper Day is here
- So you’re planning on doing to Dapper Day, but gasp! What will you wear and where do you start when planning an outfit? Here’s a quick guide to choosing which decade will inspire your outfit.
- Are you a fan of Disneybounding? What is Disneybounding? How do you incorporate Disneybounding into your dapper ensemble? Find the answers here!
- Outfit? Check. Hair and make-up? No check! Learn some simple and easy vintage inspired finishing touches here.
- Plan your perfect picture poses and say that 10 times fast! Here are the best Dapper Day photo spots.
- Dapper Day is only THREE weeks away! You want to go, but don’t have much time to plan and are limited on clothing options. Luckily, TMSM Staffer Erika put together a great article about shopping for Dapper Day when you are short on time and budget.
Not going to be able to make it to the Spring Dapper Day outing? Check out the Dapper Day website to see dates for the fall events at WDW and Disneyland.