Pop Century Resort Tie-Dyed Cheesecake Recipe by Disney Parks
Red Velvet Cake
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoons cocoa
1 ounce red food coloring
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9″ springform pan.
- Cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring.
- Add the paste to the creamed mixture.
- Mix salt and vanilla in buttermilk and add alternately with the flour.
- Mix soda and vinegar separately, add last, folding in. Do not beat after adding soda mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 deg F.
1 1/2 lb. Cream Cheese
1 1/3 C. Sugar
5 Large Eggs
16 oz. Sour Cream
1/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
* All above ingredients should be at room temperature before you begin.
- Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process.
- Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
- When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the sour cream last and beat well.
- Divide the batter into 6 bowls and color each one:
purple, red, yellow, light blue, green, orange
- Drop large spoonfuls of the colored batters randomly atop the red velvet cake in the springform pan.
- Swirl each layer slightly.
- Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
- When time is up, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
- After one hour, remove from oven.
- Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.