A Walt Disney World vacation is expensive and can be exhausting. Never fear! We have come up with 10 activities that are not only fun, they are completely FREE! Yes, we said FREE!
1. Ride the monorail – We consider this a ride all by itself! Take a short trip around the resort loop or a longer ride over to Epcot and back
2. Ride a boat – There are many free water taxis around Walt Disney World. Pick one, sit back, and enjoy the ride!
3. Listen to music – The lobby of the Grand Floridian has a jazz band that plays nightly and a pianist that plays throughout the day
4. Electrical Water Pageant – Watch this wonderful floating parade from the beaches of Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Contemporary, Ft. Wilderness, or the Grand Floridian
5. Watch the fireworks – You don’t have to be in the parks to get a great view of the fireworks. The closest resort(s) to the park will have a great viewing area and play the soundtrack to go with the show!
6. Movies Under the Stars – Many of the resorts show free movies in their courtyard (or other area depending on the resort). Bring a snack and enjoy the show!
7. Chip & Dale Campfire Sing-A-Long – One of the best kept secrets! At Ft. Wilderness Campground, enjoy a sing-a-long and meet Chip & Dale (with picture opportunities!)
8. Visit Animal Kingdom Lodge – Outside of the hotel’s lobby, exotic animals, like zebras and giraffes, roam the savannah
9. Explore the resorts – With each resort having a unique theme and more than 25 to choose from, you can make a day of resort hopping! Some resorts even offer complimentary tours!
10. Visit Disney Springs – take a stroll around Disney Springs, where there is always something going on!
What is your favorite FREE activity to do while at Disney?
- TREASURE AWAITS AS ALL-NEW PIRATE RIVER QUEST RIDE OPENS AT LEGOLAND® FLORIDA RESORT - January 14, 2023
- Enter to win “All Aboard Engine 25”by Manuel Hernandez - January 12, 2023
- Universal Parks & Resorts to Bring Entirely New Year-Round Horror Experience to Las Vegas - January 11, 2023