From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Alex Dunlap
These past few weeks, we’ve seen many of you sharing Disney recipes and creating your very own magical moments right at home. Being a BIG fan of Disney Parks snacks myself, this has inspired us to share one of my favorite recipes so you can continue creating #DisneyMagicMoments.
While our parks are temporarily closed, you can still enjoy a delicious Disney churro – because you can make them yourself at home! This recipe is inspired by the delicious snack that can be found at all of our parks across the globe. The recipe serves four people and is a perfect snack to enjoy while enjoying some of the other fun stories we shared last week, like our special virtual viewing of the all-new “Magic Happens” Parade at Disneyland park, the behind-the-scenes tour of Walt Disney Imagineering or a creative at-home recreation of Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
Disney Parks Churro Bites
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
From our family to yours, we hope you enjoy this little taste of Disney magic. Keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog for even more #DisneyMagicMoments in the near future and perhaps a few more magical recipes. Happy snacking, Disney fans!
- Universal Orlando Resort Launches Epic Ticket Offer That Gives Guests Five Days Of Access To The Destination’s Award-Winning Theme Parks For The Price Of Three - February 2, 2023
- Pixar Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea Return to Disney Cruise Line in 2024 - February 2, 2023
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Digital Fashion Show from Disneyland Resort Streaming Feb. 10 - February 2, 2023