From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Amanda Adler
Staying at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai’i, means you’ll enjoy many of the comforts of home, including a full kitchen in the 1- and 2-bedroom Villas, as well as the breathtaking Grand Villas. Inspired by these special accommodations, and the beauty of Aulani, food blogger Jenny Flake recently created several delicious dishes that are perfect for family vacations at this magnificent resort.
Check out the first of her Aulani-inspired culinary creations, a Strawberry Macadamia French Toast Bake, in this video!
Here’s the recipe, which you can recreate at home. Or, if you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, this is the perfect dish to make part of your annual tradition while staying in your own Villa!
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 3/4 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup toasted sweetened coconut shavings
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Place cubed bread, strawberries and macadamia nuts into baking dish. Place cream, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt into a large bowl, whisk to combine. Pour evenly over bread mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with toasted coconut shavings if desired and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
- ‘WandaVision’ Snack & View: A Flavorful Look Back Through the Decades at Disneyland Park - January 16, 2021
- #DisneyMagicMoments: A New Year Brings More Disney Magic to Three Central Florida Children’s Hospitals - January 15, 2021
- Universal Orlando Resort Serves Up Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors Of Carnaval, Taking Place Daily From February 6 Through March 28 At Universal Studios Florida - January 14, 2021