Star light, star bright……. We’re going to miss Wishes!
Wishes is a fan favorite fireworks show that takes place at Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World nightly. Do you ever wonder how many fireworks are used or how much the show costs? Well, wonder no more. Here are some fun facts about Wishes!
- Wishes is the biggest fireworks show in Magic Kingdom history
- Debuted in 2003 and replaced Fantasy in the Sky
- Tells a tale about making a wish come true
- Narrated by Jiminy Cricket and the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio
- The show was created by Steven Davidson, fireworks designed by Eric Tucker, music director Steve Skorija, and composer Gregory Smith
- Features the voices of Jiminy Cricket, the Blue Fairy, Pinocchio, Snow White and the wicked Queen, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Genie, Ariel, and Cinderella
- Features Tinker Bell, who flies 850 ft. from the castle, which she has done since 1985
- Contains portions of 15 songs from 10 classic Disney animated movies
- Is available as a FastPass+
- selection with a reserved spot located directly in front of the castle
- Runs approximately 12 minutes
- Has 557 fireworks firing cues
- Has 683 individual pieces of pyrotechnics
- Costs approximately $40,000 per show
- The ‘wishing star’ crests about 100 ft. above the castles spires
- There was a rumor that the song was sang by a little girl in the Make A Wish program that wished to sing for Disney and has since passed away. This rumor is untrue. The singer is Charity Farris, who is alive and well.
What is your favorite part of Wishes?
Wishes ends it’s run tonight, and we’re going to miss it for sure!
*photo courtesy of Joe Diebold