The Main Street Mouse Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial by Guest Blogger Amy Brady
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Eye shadow Primer
- White creamy eye shadow base
- White Eye shadow
- Yellow Eye shadow
- Red Eye shadow
- Black Eyeliner
- Black Liquid Eyeliner
- Lip color of your choice
- Black Face Paint
- 1 x Rounded Q-Tip
- 1 x Cosmetic Pointed Q-Tip
LETS GET STARTED
- PRIME YOUR EYES
Starting with a clean dry face and eye area. Apply your eye shadow primer all over your lid and right up to your brow.
Next apply a white creamy base. I love using NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade Milk. This is optional, but it really helps to brighten up any eye shadow you put on as well as help prevent your eye shadow from creasing.
- Using a flat eye makeup brush pat your white eye shadow on the inner third of your eyelid.
- Again, using a flat eye makeup brush pat your yellow eye shadow on the remaining two thirds of your lid.
Softly blend the shadow back across the white eye shadow to create a softer transition but being careful not to cover all of the white. You can also softly pat your finger across the shadow to achieve this.
- For the crease, take a red eye shadow.
I use a loose pigment eye shadow, which you can find at NYX or any good affordable makeup stands. Compressed red eye shadows tend to have more of a pink tone than loose pigments.
Using a fluffy brush softly blend the red into your crease using a windshield wiper motion.
Make sure you do not blend any red onto the white and yellow shadow you have already applied. Take a little bit of shadow at a time to achieve this. It is always easier to add more than to take too much shadow away.
Carefully apply the same red shadow underneath your lower lashes using the side of your flat brush.
- APPLY LINER
- Line your lower waterline with black pencil eyeliner.
- Line your upper lash line with a liquid liner. I like to wing my liner out at the corner to create a cat eye but this step is completely optional.
- Apply your favorite mascara.
- APPLY YOUR FOUNDATION AND FILL IN YOUR BROWS
I have already applied my foundation. Everyone’s foundation routine is a little different so for the purposes of this tutorial I have not included my foundation routine.
Always remember that your brows frame your face and simply filling them in can make a huge difference to any makeup look.
I like to use a brown eye shadow on an angled brush to fill in my brows.
At this point you can use your favorite brow products and just softly define them as per your normal routine.
- APPLY LIP COLOR
For this look, since I have gone quite colorful and dramatic with the eyes, I wanted to keep the lip color soft and simple.
Lip tints are great! Especially if you will be spending all day in theme parks, as they are long-wearing and you have the added bonus of being able to apply your favorite lip balm on top!
I used Maybelline Color Sensational (UK) in the shade 480 Shy Red and applied this all over my lips before topping everything off with my Beautifully Disney lip-gloss in the shade Spell Breaker.
- MAKE IT YOUR OWN – GET CREATIVE
You can leave your makeup as it or tweak it a bit to embrace your inner Disney side. I have a few options here for you to try out.
You could add crystals to your face in the shape of Mickey Mouse ears or simply apply some face paint.
MICKEY MOUSE EARS WITH FACE PAINT
- Take black water based face paint and spritz it with water.
- Take a ROUNDED Q-Tip and dip just the point into the paint.
- Press the Q-tip on your desired location to create a perfect circle.
- Next, take your POINTED cosmetic Q-tip. Dip it in your makeup pan and press onto your skin to create your Mickey Mouse ears.
CRYSTAL MICKEY MOUSE EARS
- Pick up some adhesive skin crystals in a variety of sizes. Most craft stores should have these.
- To ensure that your crystals stay in place all day – apply a small dot of eyelash glue to the back of each crystal before you apply it to your face.
- Apply one large and two smaller crystals in the shape of Mickey Mouse ears.
I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial and don’t forget to share your pictures trying this look out with all of us on the TMSM fan nation!
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Strap Yourselves In for a ‘Ride & Learn’ Aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - November 28, 2020
- Celebrate Global Merriment at the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth – Now Through Dec. 31 - November 27, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: ‘The Disney Holiday Singalong’ Special to Air Nov. 30 on ABC - November 27, 2020