From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Sarah Harris
It’s time to lace up those sneakers and get ready for a wickedly delicious set of events as runDisney makes its return to Walt Disney World this weekend with the 2021 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz! We’re thrilled to be bringing back in-person running in the most spooktacular way with three exciting events celebrating the wickedly wonderful Disney Villains.
This weekend’s menu of events is sure to delight even the most iconic evildoer with race distances for all skill levels and an after-hours party to keep the villainous celebration going. From running through Walt Disney World theme parks and special entertainment to Disney-themed finisher medals, many of the things that make a runDisney race so magical are returning. And for all our runners joining us virtually – we’re cheering you on as you tap into your inner villainous side that is sure to push you through your at-home race experience!
From exciting races through the beautiful Disney Parks to virtual events in your own neighborhood, runDisney is where you’ll find some of the most enchanting races on Earth. If you aren’t joining us this weekend but want to experience the magic of a runDisney race, be sure to check out one of the other unique events in our 2021-2022 race season:
- 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: The magic is calling everyone to The World’s Most Magical Celebration! Test your mettle at your chosen skill level—from the marathon to the 5K—while enjoying each step of the way through the Disney theme parks during the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World.
- 2022 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by CORKCICLE: Celebrate the heroic spirit of Disney Princesses that inspires courage and kindness when you join us for this enchanting race weekend. Dress in your royal best, don your fanciest tutus and tiaras, sprinkle in some pixie dust and get ready to celebrate all who positively influence others—all princesses and princes!
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Celebrates Yestermorrow: Celebrate Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary during the inaugural runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend. Run down familiar courses inspired by fan-favorite races, including Expedition Everest 5K, Race for the Taste 10K and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler—with some added twists and turns.
Limited spots remain for both our on-site and virtual events so be sure to join us for this exciting year! Good luck this weekend to all Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend participants and we look forward to celebrating your accomplishments during The World’s Most Magical Celebration!
- Disney Takes Rhino Care One Step Further - May 17, 2022
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6 Is Happening With Margot Robbie, But Johnny Depp Could Still Return - May 16, 2022
- Disney Cruise Line Returns to Alaska - May 16, 2022