From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
As regular readers know, the Disney Resorts Collection immerses you in fantastical settings – offering the same legendary storytelling, detail and guest service found in our parks. And for the 50th anniversary celebration, each hotel destination is shining like never before. From dazzling decor and celebratory treats to family-fun activities, new benefits and more, you’re surrounded by The World’s Most Magical Celebration when you stay in the magic!
The moment you arrive at a Disney Resort hotel, you are part of the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort with magical touches sparkling day and night.
Disney chefs have created new, delicious 50th anniversary menu items – many inspired by Walt’s favorite dishes as well as the EARidescent magic of our celebration. The special offerings can be found at select dining locations:
The Mara, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Chocolate Mousse with a cardamom financier
Sanaa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- African Triple-Chocolate Mousse – Dark chocolate from Ghana, milk chocolate from Madagascar, blond chocolate from France, chocolate-almond biscuit, and strawberries
Contempo Café, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 50th Anniversary Peanut Butter-Banana Pie – Sweet tart shell filled with peanut butter mousse and banana sauce topped with chocolate glaze and chocolate décor
Toledo–Tapas, Steak, and Seafood, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Braised Lamb Shank with olive oil-potato purée, rosemary-roasted garlic gravy, huckleberry jam, and English peas
- 50th Anniversary Dessert – Almond Cheesecake – Marcona almond, lemon curd, pistachio sponge, meringue, cherry gelée, fresh raspberries
P&J’s Southern Takeout, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds
- Chicken Dinner Cupcake Trio
- Fried chicken-apple fritter, apple pie moonshine filling, and vanilla buttercream
- Peas and carrots-strawberry moonshine custard, white chocolate frosting, and M&M’S Mini “peas”
- Mock mashed potato-SNICKERS mousse cupcake, caramel buttercream, and STARBURST “butter”
Grand Floridian Café, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole – Crunchy-topped cream puff filled with one of Walt’s favorite flavors of cinnamon-spiced apples and Chantilly cream
Gasparilla Island Grill, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Mickey EARidescent Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake filled with lemon curd topped with blueberry mousse and enrobed in an EARidescent glaze
Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Spam-Cheddar Biscuits with white gravy and drizzled with honey
Capt. Cook’s, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake with DOLE Whip center, tropical fruit salsa, and pineapple macaron
Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake, cake-flavored mousse, and caramel-buttercream icing garnished with crisp pearls, 50th anniversary sprinkles, and a whimsical gold Mickey
Topolino’s Terrace-Flavors of the Riviera, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Vanilla and Citrus Crème Brûlée – Morello cherry compote, strawberry cream, sugared beignets, chocolate meringues, 50th Anniversary chocolate stamp
Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Petit Stump Cake – Chocolate cake with birthday cake buttercream filling surrounded by chocolate “bark” fondant topped with 50th anniversary chocolate coin
Geyser Point Bar & Grill, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Lemon Meringue Pie – House-made tart shell, lemon curd with a toasted meringue
The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- 50th Celebration Tart – Birthday cake mousse dome on top of a milk chocolate mousse-filled vanilla tart shell with mini chocolate crisp pearls, buttercream, fondant, and chocolate décor
And as a special delight, you can enjoy 50th Signature S’mores with blueberry marshmallows, a 50th logo chocolate medallion and EARidescent sprinkles available for purchase at select Disney Resort hotels.
One of our newest restaurants, Steakhouse 71, located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, opened its doors for the 50th anniversary celebration and is offering an amazing dinner menu with all the hallmarks of a family-friendly steakhouse along with delicious dishes at breakfast and lunch. Check out our original story for more details or make a reservation now by visiting the Walt Disney World Resort website.
As part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is offering a limited-time, three-course menu with dishes inspired by past favorites as well as new market-fresh creations. Check out the full menu in our earlier story or make a reservation now.
When staying in the magic during the celebration, you’ll also be able to participate in a first-of-its-kind scavenger hunt themed to classic opening day attractions and the iconic tickets that were used originally in 1971. The 50th-themed clue sheets can be picked up at the Resort hotels beginning Nov. 19.
Also, guests staying under the stars at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground can enjoy their very own scavenger hunt that celebrates the history and heritage of this special resort, also celebrating its 50th anniversary this year!
There’s more family-fun to experience at Disney Resort hotels with 50th-themed pool parties that celebrate the heritage of Walt Disney World Resort. Pool party themes include:
- 70’s Pop Culture – celebrating the decade it all started!
- Magic Kingdom – highlighting the theme park along with classic attractions.
- Heritage Resorts – showcasing activities themed to resorts.
Few things are more nostalgic than seeing the Electrical Water Pageant lighting up the waterways at Walt Disney World Resort. And to celebrate the 50th, there’s a whimsical addition featuring a towering castle, swirling pixie dust and a version of the celebration anthem, “The Magic is Calling,” recorded in the iconic electro-synth-magnetic sound of the show.
@disneyparksDisney’s Electrical Water Pageant but make it ##WaltDisneyWorld 50th Celebration ✨ ##DisneyWorld50 ##Disney ##DisneyParks ##Electrical ##Water ##Pageant
The Electrical Water Pageant’s celebratory scene bookends each stop on its procession. We’ve shared more details in our original Electrical Water Pageant story.
At Disney Resort hotels, you’ll find two new versions of collectible and refillable mugs that feature designs inspired by the 50th anniversary celebration. Both mugs include creative art highlighting favorite characters, attractions and resorts from Disney Parks, including our special Beacons of Magic!
If you’re checking out all the 50th anniversary celebration has to offer throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll notice our complimentary on-site transportation has extra pixie dust! You can ride in sparkling style with new 50th artwork on select Disney Skyliner cabins, Disney Transportation buses and one of our special monorails.
During the celebration, also keep an eye out for surprise appearances by some favorite Disney pals, who will be dressed in their EARidescent best and dropping by to visit with guests at Disney Resort hotels.
These pals have a lot of character, and they’re not the only ones! With shimmering new nametags, our legendary cast members are the heart of this once-in-a-lifetime celebration and are eager to share a little bit of their world with you during this special time.
And for the magical 50th anniversary celebration, there are new early theme park entry benefits for Disney Resort hotel guests. You can be among the first each day to see the dazzling decorations and experience EARidescent excitement. Also, if you’re staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels, you can enjoy extended hours on select nights in select theme parks. Visit our original story for details.
There are many special touches to be found at all our Disney Resort hotels when you stay in the magic during our 50th anniversary celebration. To keep up to date on all things 50th, be sure to follow #DisneyWorld50 on social media and check out our special Everything Walt Disney World 50th page.
*Please note that Disney Resort hotel benefits are subject to change without notice.
- ‘Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’ Returns Jan. 1 - December 2, 2022
- Disneyland Resort Offers Southern California Residents Great Value with Special 3-Day, Weekday Ticket Prices as Low as $73 Per Person, Per Day for a Limited Time, with Visits Beginning Jan. 9, 2023 - December 1, 2022
- Disney Eats: Holiday Dinner Hot Dog Recipe - December 1, 2022