From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
Get ready for the ultimate global dine-around when the 24thEpcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place Aug. 29-Nov. 23!
At 87 days, this is the longest foodie fest ever at Walt Disney World Resort theme park, with fresh flavors available across 30 Global Marketplaces dotting Future World and World Showcase. There are flavors for everyone in the family to discover, like the new Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin in the Africa Marketplace or the plant-based Cottage Pie at Earth Eats. Between bites and sips, you’ll find a world of entertainment.
And, back by popular demand, “Disney du Jour Dance Party” in Future World will expand to seven days a week! Sundays through Thursdays, a DJ will spin plenty of interactive fun, while on Fridays and Saturdays stars from Radio Disney pump up the mix with live performances; on opening weekend, actress/singer Meg Donnelly from the Disney Channel original movie “Zombies” will appear. Watch for more weekend celebrity headliners to join the lineup. Other family activities on tap are Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt and the popular Candy Sushi interactive experience.
The Eat to the Beat Concert Series also returns (through Nov. 19 – 249 concerts in all), so you can get your groove on three times nightly. Rock, pop, Latin, swing, country and other genres – it’s a buffet of great music. You can even guarantee your concert seats by booking an Eat to the Beat Dining Package for breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of many Epcot restaurants.
Want a sneak peek of new concert acts? For starters, there’s Sawyer Brown (“Thank God for You”); Lauren Daigle (“You Say”); Boyce Avenue (“Anchor”); and Kris Allen (“Live Like We’re Dying”). Festival favorites are back, too! You won’t want to miss the Plain White T’s, Sugar Ray, Hanson, Sheila E. and Boyz II Men, among many others.
If your palate begs for more, plan a new culinary adventure when bookings open on May 15 for:
- Party for the Senses at World Showplace Events Pavilion, the sensational event featuring chefs and vintners from around the world. (Select Saturdays through Nov. 9)
- Sunday Brunch with the Chef, hosted by celebrity chefs such as Cat Cora, Andrew Zimmern, Buddy Valastro and others. (Select Sundays through Nov. 17)
- “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops that let you rub shoulders with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros. (Select Mondays and Thursdays through Nov. 14)
Now, more than ever, is the time to plan your visit to the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for festival news and booking details for dining experiences, seminars and premium festival events. More details are available at www.TasteEpcot.com.
- ‘Harmonious’ Brings Global Voices Together at EPCOT to Celebrate the Magic of Disney Music - September 26, 2021
- Disney Magic Makers Honored For Mission to Fight Pediatric Cancer - September 26, 2021
- Walt Disney World Resort ‘Class of 1971’ Celebrates 50 Years of Magic - September 25, 2021