From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jeremy Schoolfield
A little while ago, I told you about “19 Magical New and Limited-Time Experiences Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in 2019.” We’re now officially counting down to Jan. 18, 2019, when all this fun and excitement begins, and I have even MORE details to get you pumped for next year.
Starting Jan. 18, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom Park will honor those true originals, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, with new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverages. Here are some additional details about this limited-time event I’m happy to share with you today:
- Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, sporting all-new colorful outfits for their special celebration.
- The new Celebration Station inside Town Square Theater will be a must visit, as you can sign a guestbook to let Mickey and Minnie know, personally, just how much fun you’re having during their party.
- An all-new song, “It’s a Good Time,” will play several times daily as part of the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party.” During this high-energy bash, you will be able to join in the fun with all your pals, including Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and many others.
- Mickey’s beloved dog, Pluto, will meet guests under the big top at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus.
Also, 2019 marks 30 years of magical movie moments at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, so to commemorate this special occasion, on Jan. 18 the park will unveil a new 30th anniversary logo. There will also be new ways to interact with The Incredibles (you’ll get to meet Edna Mode at her new super-suit gallery!) and Mike and Sulley from Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.” You’ll also want to experience the new “Disney Junior Dance Party!” featuring Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and other favorite Disney Junior characters having fun in a high-energy live show.
And remember: The Epcot International Festival of the Arts starts Jan. 18, featuring an expanded Disney on Broadway Concert Series, as well as a chance to say a fond farewell to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which will be ending in the second half of 2019 to make way for an all-new nighttime spectacular. Over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Rafiki and Timon will take you for a walk on the wild side on Discovery Island with the new “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party.”
Now, more than ever it’s time for a Walt Disney World vacation. These new parties and characters are only 60 days away! We’re so excited, we’ve posted a countdown clock over at Disneyworld.com/nowmorethanever. Will you be at Walt Disney World when all this fun begins on the morning of Jan. 18, 2019? I hope so!
- Zac Efron to Star in Three Men and a Baby Remake for Disney+ - August 11, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Cooking Up the Magic — The Perfect Recipe for National S’mores Day on August 10! - August 10, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: With Just a Few Taps, Mobile Ordering Delivers Magic at Walt Disney World Resort - August 9, 2020