From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jennifer Fickley-Baker
We recently shared the news that Disney parks around the world are celebrating 90 years of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with special surprises and events. Today we’re happy to share a sneak peek at the fancy fashions Mickey and Minnie will wear for the celebration at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Cruise Line. Mickey Mouse’s crisp white suit will feature a shower of colorful confetti, while fashion icon Minnie Mouse will don a puff-sleeve dress adorned with pompons and a buoyant bubble skirt for the celebration at some of our parks.
According to Senior Costume Designer Joe Kucharski, their outfits will reflect the party spirit of the celebration.
“The looks that Mickey and Minnie will be wearing to celebrate their 90th anniversary represent all of the colorful exuberance of a party and birthday party decorations, complete with confetti, balloons, pompons, streamers and more!” he said. “These playful bursts of color and texture are set against crisp white, meant to evoke the nostalgic feeling of frosting, crisp linens and tissue paper.”
The new outfits will be seen at Walt Disney World Resort in “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party,” opening January 18 during Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom Park – a limited-time celebration that will include new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverage.
They will also be featured at:
- Hong Kong Disneyland beginning November 18
- Shanghai Disneyland on November 18 only
- Disneyland Resort beginning January 2019
- Disney Cruise Line summer 2019
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Cooking Up the Magic — Celebrate 4th of July with the Apple Pie Recipe from Whispering Canyon Café - July 3, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cast Members Prepare for Opening with Health and Safety as a Focus - July 3, 2020
- Disney Parks Blog Presents Disney Paper Parks Designed by Walt Disney Imagineering, Part 1 - July 2, 2020