From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Darcy Clark
With so much spring fun already in store at Disney Springs, consider this the cherry (festival) on top! Taking place at Morimoto Asia through April 15, 2018, the Sakura Festival celebrates the arrival of spring with a special focus on cherry blossoms. Featuring ticketed events, menu specials and Instagram-worthy décor, the venue will showcase the pink blooms of the famed Japanese Sakura.
Though the festival kicked-off on March 15, there are still four more opportunities to take part in an over-the-top Morimoto experience. While they all sound incredible, the Ramen Tasting is calling my name. (Seriously. Have you ever tried their Tonkotsu Ramen? If just might change your life!) Here’s a look at what’s still to come:
- Seas of Japan 101 (March 30, 2018; 4-6 p.m.; $45): Learn more about the seas of Japan and the delicacies that come from their waters. During this two-hour educational seminar, you’ll learn while tasting select menu items paired with sake.
- Morimoto Asia’s Guest Chef Series (April 3, 2018; 7-9 p.m.; $120): Take part in the inaugural event for this new series as the culinary talent from Morimoto Asia welcomes Chef Hitoshi Sugiura from Tokyo, Japan. The chefs will collaborate on a six-course Pan-Asian dinner, paired with wines from across the globe, for guests to enjoy.
- Ramen Seminar and Tasting (April 7, 2018; 12-3 p.m.; $36): Spend an afternoon learning about the many types of Asian noodles, then stick around to taste several varieties of ramen dishes.
- Matsuri Festival (April 15, 2018; 12-4 p.m.; $45 for guests ages 10 and up; children under 9 are free): Perfect for family fun, guests will have the chance to indulge in multiple street food stations, four beer and cocktail stations, and Japanese carnival games and activities suitable for guests of all ages.
If you’re not able to get tickets to any of the above offerings, you can certainly enjoy special drinks, appetizers and desserts, all available for a limited-time. On the menu: locally-brewed Crooked Can Sakura Kolsh, Cherry Blossom Martini, Blue Cherry Cocktail, Chilled Panacea Oysters, and a Sakura and Peach Bavarian Dessert. With more than two weeks to go, you’ve got plenty of time to try everything!
Planning to join the festivities? そこであなたに会えたらいいですね！(That’s “I hope to see you there!” in Japanese.) In the meantime, get full details here.
- Disney Helps Make-A-Wish Grant 500,000th Wish During Their 40th Anniversary - October 19, 2020
- #DisneyMagicMoments: Cooking Up the Magic – Enjoy the Impossible™ Burger Slider at Home or at Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival through Nov. 22 - October 18, 2020
- Capture Halloween and Holiday Memories with a Special Memory Maker Offer from Disney PhotoPass Service - October 17, 2020