From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Charles Stovall
It’s finally here!!
We’ve kicked off the second Epcot International Festival of the Arts.
Back by popular demand, the Festival starts on Jan. 12 and runs all the way to Feb. 19. This year’s fest is seven days per week with the Disney on Broadway series running Fridays through Mondays.
Here are some of the highlights you should NOT miss!
5. Workshops/Seminars – A plethora of different offerings spotlight this year’s Odyssey Festival Center. Guests can learn to draw Disney animated characters; get tips on taking the perfect photos; and study a host of artistic genres including acrylics, watercolors, musical composition, storytelling and even floral arranging. The seminars are included with Epcot admission and are generally 30 minutes; and the workshops have a nominal fee but last 75 minutes and include hands-on training and a cool take-away. Seminars can be reserved day-of at the Odyssey Festival Center. Workshops can be booked in advance by calling (407) WDW-TOUR.
4. Kids’ Activities – Younger guests will discover lots of activities including “Figment’s Brush with the Masters,” a scavenger hunt through the countries of World Showcase. They can also grab a paintbrush and join in on the fun as they help create a wall mural at Expression Section in World Showcase Plaza; and there is even an interactive kids “chalk art” area this year.
3. Artful Photo Ops – Put yourself into classic masterworks of art and take the perfect selfie. This year’s newest photo ops allow guests to step into Boticelli’s “Birth of Venus” and “picture” themselves in an homage to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
2. Food Studios – With more culinary options this year, guests can find edible works of art including a basil- scented salmon roulade with purple rice and Romesco sauce; wild mushroom risotto with aged parmesan, truffle shavings and Zinfandel reduction; and a deconstructed Reuben sandwich, with shredded corned beef, Thousand Island dressing, pickled red cabbage and a rye curl. And the sweets are just as tempting with my favorite being the Pop’t Art cookie with strawberry filling.
1. Disney on Broadway Series – So sue me – I’m a HUGE musical theater fan. The fact that we have seven superstar performers is so exciting for me. One of the best ways to experience Disney on Broadway is through a dining package. Guests can book a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner, and later enjoy priority seating at the show.
For more information on the Festival, click over to disneyworld.com/ArtfulEpcot or call 407-WDW-DINE or 407-939-3463.
And keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates throughout the Festival.
*Disney on Broadway Dining Packages are available for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner and include a 3-course meal or full buffet, depending on the location.
- Disney Magic Makers Honored For Mission to Fight Pediatric Cancer - September 26, 2021
- Walt Disney World Resort ‘Class of 1971’ Celebrates 50 Years of Magic - September 25, 2021
- Travelers at Orlando International Airport are Immersed in the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary Celebration - September 25, 2021