From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Pam Brandon
New entertainment, new seating, two cool themed evenings – there’s lots that’s new for the 2017 Party for the Senses, the sensational evening of food, live entertainment and elegant fun at World ShowPlace in Epcot World Showcase. And it’s the 35th anniversary of Epcot, another reason to celebrate during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
If you’ve never been, Party for the Senses is a culinary extravaganza with dozens of tasting stations with wine pairings and craft cocktails and beers. While food plays a leading role, the incredible talent line-up on the stage provides the backbeat for an unforgettable evening.
Here are six things you’ll need to know:
1. Start your evening early: when you buy your ticket for Party for the Senses, you also get reserved seating for the 5:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. performances of the East to the Beat concert series at America Gardens Theatre – so enjoy the live music, then stroll over to World ShowPlace for the party from 7:30-10 p.m. (Note: Epcot admission is required.)
2. There are three levels of seating this year, and every guest has a seat: Wine View Lounge includes early admission (at 7:15 p.m.); a private reserved table in the lounge, artisanal cheeses and a specialty cocktail, with transportation to and from the Epcot main entrance. Reserved Seating is a private table on the main floor. Guaranteed Seating is with other guests on the main floor. All three have limited availability, so a reservation is a good idea.
3. This year’s dates: Sept. 23, Oct. 7, Oct. 14, Oct. 21 and Nov. 11.
4. Two themed evenings worth considering: Sept. 23 will feature the chefs from Disney Springs – look for everything from Mexican (Frontera Cocina) to Asian (Morimoto Asia) to seafood (The BOATHOUSE and Paddlefish) to Southern (Homecomin’ by Art Smith) … the list goes on, and it’s great fun to interact with the chefs at each of their tasting stations. Then on Oct. 21, chefs from Disney parks around the globe will come together to create an evening of international tastes – this has been a super-popular event the last couple of years. Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland, Shanghai Disney, Hong Kong Disneyland, Aulani and Disney Cruise Line chefs will join our Walt Disney World chefs to showcase the best of their cuisine.
5. Wow entertainment: the music takes this year’s event over the top. For the very special Disney Springs’ night on Sept. 23, popular entertainers from Disney Springs’ venues will take the stage, including the House of Blues Gospel Choir, Raglan Road musicians and Irish dancers, jugglers Nate and Aaron, magician Meraux Dantes, flamenco guitarist Nicholas Marks and more. Oct. 7 is John Pizzarelli, an American jazz guitarist and vocalist; Oct. 14, Femmes of Rock, a “hard rock” violin act with video, lights, choreography and comedy in a high-energy show; Oct. 21, Grace Kelly, American musician, singer, entertainer, songwriter, and Nov. 11, Vintage Vinyl Band (a big hit last year), an Orlando band that takes today’s pop hits and retrofits them into jazz, swing, Motown and doo-wop.
6. Make your reservations early: book online or call 407-939-3378 for Guaranteed Seating; call 407-939-3378 for Wine View Lounge or Reserved Seating.
See you on the promenade!
- In Celebration of Minnie Mouse and National Polka Dot Day, Disney Has Launched a Digital Summit Inspired by Our Favorite Lifestyle Muse - January 22, 2021
- More Entertainment Returns This Summer with a Celebration of Festival of the Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - January 21, 2021
- Adventures by Disney Announces First-Ever Dedicated Expedition Cruises - January 20, 2021