From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Darcy Clark
It may seem early to start thinking about the holidays, but I’m counting down ‘til Christmas with more anticipation than ever before. Why? I have a brand-new baby at home – a little boy named Lincoln, who is the love of my life. I’m already thinking about traditions, both old and new, that are in store for my entire family. Luckily, at Disney Springs, we can create family memories, celebrate the season and find special gifts for all of the special people on my list – plus a treat or two for me! Make your holidays more magical, too, by enjoying everything Disney Springs will have to offer this holiday season…
The secret is out. Disney Springs has the most complete collection of Disney-inspired products anywhere! Because of that, it’s where I’ll be starting my holiday shopping. My little guy may be too young for the awesome collections at the LEGO store or Star Wars Outpost, but the perfect plush toy is sure to be waiting for him at World of Disney – with over 50,000 items, it’s the world’s largest assortment of Disney merchandise. My family and friends will love one-of-a-kind gifts from Sugarboo & Co., and jewelry from PANDORA is always a hit. For the fashionistas in my life, UNIQLO and Francesca’s delight without breaking the bank. (And I think we can all agree that these fantastic finds are sure to have earned me a cupcake from Sprinkles, right?)
While holiday shopping is certainly more magical here at Disney Springs, it’s just one of the many reasons I’ll be visiting. I can’t wait to introduce my son to some of my seasonal “must-dos”:
- A Bigger, Better Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail: Last year we introduced custom decorated holiday trees to the Marketplace, each themed to a popular Disney story or character. This year, I’m thrilled to share that the Christmas Tree Trail will expand to twenty-five trees – many of them larger than last year’s evergreens – including ten new trees inspired by Disney classics such as Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo. I can’t wait to see Lincoln’s eyes light up and watch him choose a favorite.
- Santa’s Chalet: Santa Claus is accepting Christmas wish lists and welcoming guests to his chalet near the exit of Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail, making the Marketplace the most magical nook in all of Disney Springs. We’ll be visiting in our holiday best, smiling for Disney PhotoPass Photographers who will be on hand to capture photos, and probably taking a few selfies with our own camera, too! Santa Goofy will take over when Saint Nick heads back to the North Pole on December 25 – so we may have to visit twice.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt: The mischievous experiment 626 is at it again with an expanded scavenger hunt featuring four new stops, including a special stop at the more-magical-than-ever Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail. A great activity for families with kids older than mine, it’s your chance to work together, decipher clues, and discover all the spots where Stich is hiding. Complete the mission and receive a limited-edition button. (We may have to do this so we can add the button to Lincoln’s baby book!)
- Meet & Greet with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear: My son has a plush stuffed animal of the iconic bear, so it will be fun to see what he thinks of the eight-foot tall version, available for meet and greets on the second floor of The Coca-Cola Store. I’m a long-time fan of the beloved brand ambassador and I have a feeling he’ll put a huge smile on Lincoln’s face, too.
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: After nearly twenty years, “La Nouba” will take its final bow on December 31, 2017. I’ve seen the show a handful of times and can attest that there’s nothing else quite like the gravity-defying, jaw-dropping thrill of this stunning 90-minute show. There’s a good chance we’ll be getting a sitter so we can see it one last time before the curtain closes. Limited tickets available; visit www.cirquedusoleil.com/la-nouba for additional information and to purchase.
Complimentary and adjacent self-parking keeps things simple and hassle-free. With the retail delivery service available at all Disney Springs stores, I won’t have to add anything else my overloaded stroller, making it easier for me to pop in to one of our award-winning restaurants to relax and refuel. My favorite eateries include Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza or D-Luxe Burger for a quick bite or any of our signature restaurants – featuring everything from steak and seafood to home-style favorites – for a more substantial sit-down meal. (The fried chicken at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ currently tops my list.)
- Feel the Holiday Magic During ‘A Disney Christmas’ at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort - November 28, 2022
- A New Wave of Magic Awaits as Disney Cruise Line Celebrates 25 Years During ‘Silver Anniversary at Sea’ - November 28, 2022
- Michael Bublé and Luisana Lopilato Back At “Home” At Walt Disney World Resort - November 23, 2022