Whenever I browse through the bakery or sweets shops at Disney, I am amazed at the amount of detail that goes into each treat and often think to myself, I’ll never be able to duplicate something like this in my kitchen at home. Well, that’s what I thought, but Disney has a different idea! They are offering a cake decorating experience at Amorette’s Patisserie, located at Disney Springs, and we have the details for you!
Create an Edible Work of Art
Master the culinary technique that goes into decorating Amorette’s signature Mickey Character Cakes.
Ever since the bakery opened in 2016, its Disney-themed cakes have created quite the stir. Consisting of flavored chiffon cake, mousse and either buttercream or fruit jelly, these showstoppers elicit a chorus of “oohs” and “aahs” everywhere they’re presented.
Now you can take your own dessert game up a notch by signing up for a special 90-minute cake decorating experience. You’ll gather in Amorette’s Show Kitchen before the shop officially opens for the day―the very same place Disney pastry artists skillfully blend artistry with storytelling in order to create some of the most enchanting confections around.
During this small-group lesson, your instructor will share insider stories and tips, while describing the process of cake decorating from design to completion. You’ll learn how to pour glaçage and coat Mickey’s sculpted ears, tail, belt and buttons with edible paint.
Best part? Non-alcoholic and alcoholic refreshments are included during this experience―and you can take your masterpiece home or back to your hotel to share with family and friends. Amorette’s Patisserie will also be happy to hold onto it for pick up later in the day, so you can freely explore Disney Springs at your leisure.
$129 plus tax, which covers up to 2 Guests decorating one cake. Guests must be at least 10 years of age to participate. If you wish to make a reservation for more than 2 people, you will need to make more than one reservation.
- Cake decorating classes take place at 9:00 AM on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, May 14 to August 25, 2017. The bakery will not be open at this time.
- Decorated character cakes will be packaged for Guests. Additional items may be purchased prior to the location opening.
- Beverages include specialty coffees, bottled water, mimosas and bellinis.
- Discounts do not apply.
- Transportation to and from Disney Springs will be provided for Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel, starting at 8:00 AM.
- Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages and at least 10 years of age to participate.
You can make reservations right on the Disney site or call Disney Dining.
Cake decorating while at Disney with the experts that make all of the deliciousness every day! This sounds like so much fun! Is this an experience you would like to take advantage of?