Template for Poison Apple Cookies (found on Disney Family’s site)
Batch of sugar cookie dough*
Red food coloring
Pair of disposable kitchen gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Wire cooling rack
Green cookie icing
Thin pretzel sticks broken in half (you need one half for each apple)
Kitchen knife or scissors
1. Wearing plastic kitchen gloves, knead red food coloring into the cookie dough (this is a fun job for kids). Wrap the dough in plastic and keep it chilled until you’re ready to use it.
2. Print and cut out the template.
3. Heat the oven. Cover your work surface with flour-dusted wax paper, and roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness.
4. Use the template and a kitchen knife to cut out the cookies, and then bake them according to the recipe directions. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
5. Working with one cookie at a time, gently press the broken end of a pretzel stick half into the top of the apple. Then generously frost the upper half of the cookie with green icing, spreading it right over the base of the pretzel. Use the knife to create a wavy lower edge so the icing looks like it is dripping down over the apple.
6. For eyes, press whole raisins into the icing. Snip a third raisin in half and use one piece for a nose. (If you aren’t a fan of raisins, like me, I assume M&M’s could be used too!)
- News from the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort! Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Reopening June 15; More Restaurant Dining Returning to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - May 6, 2021
- “Becoming Cruella” Featurette and Character Posters for Disney’s Cruella - May 5, 2021
- Marvel Studios Releases Projected Movie Dates for Phase 4 - May 3, 2021