In honor of the 20th anniversary of The Lion King, here is a trivia quiz to test your knowledge. Let us know how you did in the comments.
Is your life motto “be prepared” or are you more of a “hakuna matata” type? Let’s see just how prepared you are to answer questions about Disney’s saga of the Pride Lands.
1) Can you name the three hyenas?
A) Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed
B) Victor, Hugo, and Laverne
C) Fisi, Waraabe, and Impisi
2) Exactly what type of animal is Rafiki?
A) A baboon
B) A mandrill
C) A tamarin
3) In which language does “Simba” mean “lion”?
4) Finish the lyric: I’ve never seen a king of beast with …
A) Such a puny roar
B) Quite so little hair
C) A teenaged attitude
5) How many Academy Awards did The Lion King win?
6) Who directed The Lion King Musical on Broadway?
A) Julie Taymor
B) Elton John
C) Kirk Wise
Scroll down to see how you did!
1) A – Victor and pals are the gargoyles from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, while, Fisi, Waraabe, and Impisi all mean “hyena” in various African languages.
2) B – Rafiki’s colorful face identifies him as a mandrill – baboons are very close cousins, however.
3) A – Simba is Swahili, one of the languages spoken in southeast Africa.
4) B – The mane will come!
5) C – The Lion King took home statuettes for Best Original Score and Best Song, for “Can You Feel the Love Tonight.”
6) A – Elton John co-wrote the songs, and Kirk Wise co-directed the film.
- “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 32 STREAMS SEPTEMBER 29 ON DISNEY+ - September 10, 2021
- Do You Know? Is This Haunted Room Actually Stretching… - August 26, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer - August 23, 2021