Summer is in full swing, and it’s always great to look for refreshing ways to beat the heat. If you’re like me, and live too far away from Disney to just hop in the car and drive on over for a Dole Whip, this might be a good substitute till your next vacation. Granted, a Dole Whip from Disney is a unique and yummy experience, this recipe might be able to hold you over and help those cravings for some Disney sweetness. If you’d like to give it a try, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- 2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
I have heard that this recipe can be a bit too tart, and not sweet enough like the original Dole Whip. If that’s the case, hold off on the citrus juice and go with more pineapple. I would think you could get a similar effect using the ingredients on frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Be creative and enjoy!!
- A Look at All the Places Where ‘Hocus Pocus’ Was Filmed 28 Years Ago - September 18, 2021
- A Spooktacular Hocus Pocus Gender Reveal Party! - September 17, 2021
- Walt Disney World CM’s to march against company vaccine mandate - September 17, 2021