Disney Genie+ has officially hit an all new level of pricing as the service has just risen to its highest recorded cost ever at $35 per person as Walt Disney World continues into its Spring Break season for the 2023 calendar year.
The price increase to $35 per person, per day, began this week, officially. Only last month did we see the price of the premium service climb to $29. However, it seems the service has only continued to rise in popularity–pushing Disney to increase its cost.
Naturally, it’s obvious why the Walt Disney World theme park resort would have to increase the cost of this premium service during this time due to the higher numbers of guests in the parks trying to utilize the service. However, it also can be said that this system, which was designed to “pace your day with experiences you’ll enjoy,” only further plays into the concerns many fans have had regarding the idea that Disney is pricing out the average family.
For those not familiar with this service, Disney toots the following benefits for its users:
- Reduce time in lines while keeping in mind your top picks
- Pace your day with experiences you’ll enjoy – and haven’t already done yet
- Build around your existing plans like dining reservations and Park Hopper preferences
With the premiere of the service came the Lightning Lane entrance, available at more than 40 attractions. The Lightning Lane line is billed similar to the late Fastpass system, which save guests time by giving them the ability of waiting in a smaller line than the regular queue.
Have you utilized Disney Genie+ on your trips to the Walt Disney World theme parks? If so, did you think it was worth the additional cost? Would you pay $35 per person, per day for the premium service? Let us know in the comments!
- Show Your Love for Figment With This Figment Dragon Shoulder Magnet! - February 7, 2024
- Greet Guests in ‘Frozen’ Style with an Olaf Christmas Door - December 10, 2023
- Disney+ Bundles with Hulu in One App in New Beta Launch - December 7, 2023