It’s October and that means that Halloween excitement is underway! It’s time to pull out all of our pumpkin decor, start looking for costumes, and maybe even plan an upcoming Halloween party. While browsing online for all things that go with the spooky season, I found something interesting. Being a huge Hocus Pocus fan, this party idea caught my eye… Hocus Pocus Jell-O shots! Not only do they sound good, they are absolutely adorable! Here is all you need to know courtesy of simplisticallyliving.com!
Each Hocus Pocus Jello Shot was made to look like the 3 Sanderson sisters:
- Winifred wears a green dress and has orange hair so I made the bottom of her jello shot lime green with red sprinkles.
- Sarah wears a purple dress and has yellow/blonde hair so I made the bottom of her jello shot grape purple with yellow sprinkles.
- Mary wears a red dress and has purple hair so I made her jello shot a strawberry red with purple sprinkles.
What You Need to Make Hocus Pocus Jello Shots
1 Box of Strawberry Jell-o mix (3 oz. box)
1 Box of Lime Jell-o mix (3 oz. box)
1 Box of Grape Jell-o mix (3 oz. box)
1 1/2 Cups Whipped Cream Vodka
3 Cups Boiling Water
1 1/2 Cups Water
Orange Jimmies Sprinkles
Yellow Jimmies Sprinkles
Purple Jimmies Sprinkles
1 oz. Plastic Shot Glasses
Turkey Baster (helps making filling each shot glass easier)
How to Make Hocus Pocus Jello Shots
Start by boiling your 3 cups of water.
When the water is boiled, you will need 1 cup of boiling water to mix with the strawberry Jell-o mix. Mix until entirely dissolved. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix 1 cup of boiling water with the box of Lime Jell-o mix until dissolved and set aside.
In the last bowl, mix 1 cup of boiling water with the box of Grape Jell-o mix until dissolved and set aside.
In each bowl, add 1/2 cup of cold water and 1/2 cup of whipped cream vodka and stir well.
Once all the bowls are mixed, you can start filling the shot glasses. I found it easiest to place the shot glasses on a cookie sheet before filling for easy transport to the fridge. Each colored bowl of Jell-o will fill exactly 12 – 1 oz. shot glasses so you’ll have 12 red, 12 green and 12 purple.
Place the Jell-o shots into the fridge and allow them to set (about 1-2 hours).
Once set, you can remove them from the fridge and top with whipped cream and sprinkles. The red will be topped with purple sprinkles, the green will be topped with orange sprinkles and the purple will be topped with yellow sprinkles.
Serve and Enjoy!
The whipped cream does melt fast so you should apply it right before serving.
Instead of whipped cream you can use Cool Whip.
If you want to make these ahead of time, you can get the containers with lids for easy storing and stacking.
You can also apply the sprinkles right on top of the Jell-o instead of using whipped cream.
These can be stored in the fridge (without the whipped cream or sprinkles) for up to a week in advance.
Info, pics and recipe from simplisticallyliving.com
- CASETiFY pays tribute to Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas collection! - December 1, 2022
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Stars In An All-New Walt Disney Animation Studios Short to Celebrate Disney 100 Years of Wonder - December 1, 2022
- The Walt Disney Company Announces Toys For Tots Grant Delivering 75,000 Toys To Kids In Need - November 29, 2022