Halloween Horror Nights officially kicks off at Universal Orlando Resort on Friday night and runs select nights through Oct. 31.
Universal offers several different types of tickets for Halloween Horror Nights, including one-day passes and multi-night passes. Add-ons such as express passes for the haunted houses are also on sale.
In preparation for the big event, WFTV has compiled a list of 9 things you need to know first:
1. Since last year’s official Halloween Horror Nights was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year officially marks the 30th year of the annual spooktacular. So for three decades now, Universal Orlando has brought the biggest names in horror movies and television, plus elaborate and original ideas, to life.
2. To honor the 30th anniversary and the characters who have appeared at Halloween Horror Nights before, this year will feature the haunted house HHN Icons Captured and the scare zone 30 Years 30 Fears, where some of the most terrifying monsters can be found from Halloween Horror Nights of yesteryears.
3. There will be some recognizable faces at Horror Nights this year, as houses will be themed after “Beetlejuice,” Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House,” “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives.”
4. Universal’s creative teams have also created six original and terrifying haunted houses. Find out more here.
5. Just because you’re not in a haunted house doesn’t mean you’re safe. Five scare zones will be set up throughout the Universal Studios, leaving you to travel in fear from one destination to the next.
6. If getting scared and screaming make you work up an appetite, don’t fear. Several unique and themed dining options will be offered throughout Halloween Horror Nights.
7. This year, Halloween Horror Nights will offer two live shows as well: “Marathon of Mayhem: Carnage Factory” and “Halloween Nightmare Fuel.”
8. Clear vinyl has been installed in key locations of the haunted houses to allow scare actors to safely interact with guests, Universal said. Team members and performers will be required to wear face coverings outdoors. Face coverings are encouraged for all guests while indoors and optional while outdoors.
9. In addition to the Halloween-themed fun, Universal will also have some of its attractions open during Halloween Horror Nights: Revenge of the Mummy, Men in Black: Alien Attack, Transformers the Ride 3D, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley.
Will you be attending HHN this year?
Thanks to WFTV Channel 9 for the helpful info!
- SNEAK PEEK: Vault Collection-Inspired Shopping Experiences Coming Soon to Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom Park for Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary Celebration - September 21, 2021
- Disney Institute Offers a Sneak Peek at ‘50 Years of Magical Learnings from Walt Disney World Resort’ - September 21, 2021
- Family of Fallen Marine Visits Disneyland to Rebuild Lightsaber in His Honor, Leaves with Unexpected Tribute - September 21, 2021