From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Donna Fisk
This Halloween season, grim, grinning goblins will be out again in full force, as we get ready to celebrate the return of Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort. And if you and your crew have tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure park, get ready to turn up the dial on the frightful fun.
Here is your guide to this year’s event:
Arrival – The party starts at 6:00 p.m. and lasts until 11:00 p.m., but your party ticket also gives you the opportunity to enter Disney California Adventure park as early as 3:00 p.m. Parking can be purchased on the day of the event or online prior to arrival. Be sure to utilize available theme park parking. Toy Story shuttles will extend operating hours for this event.
What Not To Miss – As you will see as you approach the gates of Disney California Adventure park, Oogie Boogie from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” has cast his spell, looming over to bid you welcome. With such a dreadfully delightful host, you know this “bash” is going to be jumpin’.
- Immersive Treat Trails – Team up with your pals and check out the magnificently mischievous treat trails throughout the park featuring Mars Wrigley confectionery products. These trails lead you straight into the clutches of Disney villains – some familiar – some new, including Sid from “Toy Story,” Cruella from Disney’s “Cruella,” and Agatha Harkness from “WandaVision”!
- Villains Grove – Perfect for exploring as a group, the transformed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail becomes a dreamlike environment that will enchant at every turn starting at dusk. Inspired by Disney villains – their deeds and misdeeds – this ethereal world of lighting, projections, sounds and special effects will be the spooky background your group selfies are begging for.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – Get ready to be dazzled as your favorite Disney characters and Disney villains pass by in a parade with a spell-binding beat. Led by the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow arriving on his eerie black steed, this rockin’ gathering of vivacious ghosts and hair-raising haunts is not-to-be-missed.
While You’re Here – With your ticket to Oogie Boogie Bash, you will also be able to explore Disney California Adventure park, including the all-new Avengers Campus! Check out the transformed Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, an exciting Halloween adventure filled with creepy creatures and thrilling drops. For more thrills, don’t forget to include a ride on the Incredicoaster in Pixar Pier. If you prefer a smoother, less spine-chilling ride, enjoy the majestic views on Soarin’ Around the World.
What To Wear – Yes, costumes are encouraged at Oogie Boogie Bash!* This is your chance to dress as your favorite characters, or coordinate epic, supernatural outfits your with friends. Of course you can always go “classic” — as a witch, mummy or other fun fright.
Dining – Treat yourself to a favorite meal or snack at the scrumptious eateries open during the party, including Lamplight Lounge in Pixar Pier and Flo’s V-8 Café in Cars Land. Menu Tip: Flo’s has Oogie Boogie Bash-exclusive gruesomely great loaded fries. Choose from Buffalo Chicken Fries, Loaded Gravy Fries or Loaded Chili Fries. Check the Disneyland App for dining hours.
For an elevated experience, make a reservation at the Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party for some terrific Halloween treats along with reserved viewing for the parade.** Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party is available twice per night, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. during party nights. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are required for booking, and will need to be shown for verification when arriving at the location. Book your reservation online now at Disneyland.com/Dining.
Event Photos – Don’t forget to scan your event admission ticket into the Disneyland app to access all the Disney PhotoPass photos you’ll capture during the event.*** With Disney PhotoPass, your whole group can pose for pictures as Disney photographers grab just the right shots. It’s the perfect way to capture your memories!
Merchandise – Awesomely wicked shopping also awaits! Be on the lookout for new must-have Halloween finery, including the Minnie Mouse Halloween Mini Loungefly backpack and Mickey and Minnie Mouse Pumpkin Spirit Jerseys. There’s also a new flannel shirt, which features a skull topped with Mickey ear hat and surrounded by bat. To commemorate your party night, Oogie Boogie Bash-themed t-shirts, tumblers and pins are also available, while supplies last.
One last tip for young adults heading to Oogie Boogie Bash: have a chilling and thrilling time!
*Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines at Disneyland.com/faq/parks/dress for restrictions. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.
**Separate ticket to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party required to attend the Halloween party including to view the Frightfully Fun Parade. Special dining packages and menus subject to change or cancellation without notice.
***Photos can be downloaded from your Disney account as often as desired, for 45 days after initial capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass photos must be linked to your Disney account to be downloaded.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort with Glowing Beacon of Magic, Tantalizing Treats, Stunning ‘Disney Fab 50’ Statues and More - October 28, 2021
- Attending Disney Merriest Nites at Disneyland Park? Six Tips for Ticket Holders to have a Merry Good Time - October 27, 2021
- Foodie Guide to Holidays at Disney Springs and Parks at Walt Disney World Resort - October 26, 2021