From the Walt Disney World News and written by: Jeremy
Beginning Nov. 12, festive entertainment, whimsical décor, seasonal food and drinks, special merchandise and more will all be a part of the 2021 holiday season across Walt Disney World Resort. Here is a first look at the merrymaking to come this year as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the resort’s 50th anniversary.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Main Street, U.S.A., will be decked for the holidays with seasonal décor.
- In the evening, special holiday projections will appear most nights on Cinderella Castle, alternating periodically throughout the night with the castle’s transformation into a Beacon of Magic as part of the park’s 50thanniversary celebration.*
- “Disney Very Merriest After Hours,” a new specially ticketed event, begins Nov. 8 and continues on select nights through the holiday season. The four-hour experience with feature “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,” Disney characters throughout the park, holiday music and décor, treats included and much more. The event will be open to a limited number of guests after regular park operating hours, with lower wait times on more than 20 available attractions. Tickets will go on sale in August, with an early purchase window available to guests of select Disney Resort hotels.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Hollywood Holiday Tower will twinkle anew at the end of Sunset Boulevard during Sunset Seasons Greetings. Projection effects will magically transform the park icon into snowy Arendelle, a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story toy hotel, and a Dickensian village inspired by “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.” This holiday show will also alternate with the tower’s nightly transformation into a Beacon of Magic.
- “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” will feature a festive finale starring Olaf.
- Santa Claus will bring some North Pole cheer to a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Minnie Mouse will host a meal at Hollywood & Vine, joined by her pals in their holiday finest – and Santa, too!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- The park’s centerpiece – The Tree of Life – becomes another Beacon of Magic most nights during the 50thanniversary celebration. During the holiday season, there will be even more magic inspired by nature as the holiday edition of Tree of Life Awakenings also takes place most nights.
- Disney characters will set sail down Discovery River, accompanied by joyful songs of the season.
- The Walt Disney World shopping, dining and entertainment district will transform into a winter wonderland, full of sparkling lights, enchanting décor and holiday surprises.
- The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll will feature elaborately decorated, Disney-themed trees, including some inspired by “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
- A magical snowfall will add a touch of wonder for holiday shoppers at surprise locations.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will become Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with delightful décor and a delicious limited-time menu filled with festive favorites.
- Disney Springs is the perfect place for guests to make their holiday shopping lists and check them twice, with a wide array of Disney holiday merchandise, including ornaments, matching family pajamas, Spirit Jerseys and more.
Disney Resort Hotels
- Iconic trees and other seasonal touches will turn Disney Resort hotels into holiday hideaways.
- Select resorts will feature intricate gingerbread displays perfect for holiday photographs … and inspiration for holiday treats.
- Select resorts will offer holiday menus at restaurants, as well as other specialty food and drinks.
- The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will return Nov. 26 – Dec. 30 and will feature Holiday Kitchens around World Showcase, performances by Voices of Liberty, a Cookie Stroll and more.
Additional details about the 2021 holiday season will be announced in the future. Stay tuned for more updates!
*Beacons of magic will be available nightly at select theme parks.
- A Figment Movie is in the Works from Seth Rogen - September 28, 2022
- Goofy: 9 Decades of Showing Us ‘How’ It’s Done! - September 27, 2022
- Disney After Hours Events Return in January at Walt Disney World Resort! - September 27, 2022