From the Disney Cruise Line News and written by: Melody
Itineraries include three- and four-night cruises to Bahamas, Disney’s private island
CELEBRATION, Fla. (April 29, 2021) – In summer 2022, the Disney Wish will sail its inaugural season of three- and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, from its new home port of Port Canaveral, Florida. Bookings open to the general public on May 27, 2021.
The highly anticipated fifth ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet will greet its first guests on June 9, 2022, for a special five-night maiden voyage that includes two days at sea and stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay, a private tropical paradise reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests.
On June 14, 2022, Disney Vacation Club will host a three-night, members-only cruise to Castaway Cay.
These sailings will be followed by alternating three- and four-night cruises from Port Canaveral — about an hour’s drive from Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida — that will offer families an all-new way to experience the magic of Disney at sea combined with a tropical beach vacation.
The Disney Wish will whisk families to the blue skies and sunshine of the Bahamas. In Nassau, cruisers will enjoy breathtaking beaches and activities for everyone in the family as they swim, snorkel, shop and more in this popular vacation destination. At Castaway Cay, guests will explore a pristine island completely outfitted for family fun and relaxation and brimming with special Disney touches.
On these truly enchanting vacations, families will find everything they love about a Disney cruise — like dazzling entertainment, world-class dining, unique character encounters and signature Disney service — plus brand-new experiences aboard the Disney Wish, such as:
- AquaMouse, the first-ever Disney attraction at sea that will immerse families in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts on a wild water ride with Mickey and Minnie.
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure, Disney’s first “Frozen”-themed theatrical dining experience where favorite characters will perform live as guests dine.
- Worlds of Marvel, the world’s first Marvel cinematic dining adventure where guests will play an interactive role in an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around them.
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, a high-end bar styled as a luxurious, yacht-class spaceship that will take guests on a first-of-its-kind tour of a galaxy far, far away.
Bookings open to the general public on May 27, 2021 for Disney Wish cruises departing June through September 2022. Castaway Club members, Disney Vacation Club members, Adventures by Disney Insiders and other select Disney guests will have early booking opportunities beginning May 17.
For more information, guests can visit the Disney Wish Itineraries page of disneycruise.com.
To learn more about the Disney Wish or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.
- Easter Displays & Grand Cottage Returning to WDW! - February 21, 2024
- Spring Blossoms at the EPCOT Intl Flower & Garden Festival - February 21, 2024
- Disney Eats: Foodie Guide to Women’s History Month 2024 - February 20, 2024