Guests can Take Their Taste on a Culinary Journey around the Globe as They Sample the Authentic Flavors of Iconic Carnaval Dishes from New Orleans, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Germany, Spain, Brazil and More
Universal Orlando Resort celebrates Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval featuring authentic cuisine inspired by the most iconic Carnaval festivities across the globe. This first-ever, dynamic celebration of flavor and entertainment will take place daily at Universal Studios Florida from Saturday, February 6 and continue through Sunday, March 28.
Guests will enjoy an eclectic global food fest with more than 70 delectable dishes and beverages from 13 locations around the globe. Plus, Universal Studios Florida will be decked out in vibrant décor and guests will have the first-ever opportunity to get up close with spectacular and intricately-detailed Mardi Gras floats stationed throughout the theme park. They’ll also enjoy a Big Easy bash in the streets with energetic dancers and stilt performers in extraordinary costumes, brass band musicians, countless beads and a newly-themed Mardi Gras Tribute Store stocked with new merchandise that will give guests the perfect look for this epic celebration.
This culinary journey will feature iconic Cajun fare and traditional Carnaval flavors from across the globe, including:
- Fan-favorite Cajun cuisine from New Orleans, such as a Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets and other Big Easy delights
- Classic Carnaval dishes from the islands, such as Pernil & Mofongo from Puerto Rico, a vegan Pholourie from Trinidad and Tobago and Jerk Chicken from the Bahamas
- Pork Schnitzel Sliders and Bavarian Pretzels from Germany, iconic Paella Mixta and Leche Frita from Spain and Belgium Liege Waffles from Belgium
- Other famous flavors from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Italy, France and more
And that’s just a sampling of what Universal Orlando’s culinary team has created for this year’s epic celebration of savory delights. There will also be Carnaval-themed menu options at Universal CityWalk and at the Universal Orlando Resort hotels. To learn more about Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/MardiGras.
Universal Orlando continues to implement its enhanced health and safety procedures and guidelines focused on “screening, spacing and sanitization,” and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval. Key measures include screening guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity and increasing the already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures. Guests may remove their face coverings while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Less Than Two Weeks After Bob Iger’s Return, Florida May Reverse Decision on Disney’s Reedy Creek District - December 2, 2022
- Closing Date Announced For Splash Mountain, Plus More Information on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure - December 2, 2022
- Stars & Filmmakers from Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” Venture to CCXP – “The Legacy of Ant-Man” Special Look Now Available - December 1, 2022