From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Brian Webb
A little rain should never put a damper on a full day of magic at Walt Disney World Resort, where the fun always shines! There are always exciting activities, attractions and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. Here are some of our top picks!
- When the afternoon parades at Magic Kingdom Park can’t be performed as planned, your Disney friends come out to play in the “Rainy Day Cavalcade.”* This cheery procession brings Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals down the street in antique vehicles, accompanied by a special musical soundtrack and parade performers in colorful rain slickers and galoshes!
- Hop on a rip-roaring rocket into the furthest reaches of outer space on Space Mountain attraction, set sail on a swashbuckling voyage on Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and climb aboard a gloomy Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion attraction.
- Take flight on Soarin’ Around the World. This indoor attraction allows you to experience a breezy, airborne adventure as you hang glide above the breathtaking marvels of the world.
- Go under the sea—without getting wet—on The Seas with Nemo & Friends attraction before getting close up with clown fish, sharks and more in a massive 5.7-million-gallon saltwater aquarium.
- Catch popular Disney and Pixar short films—in amazing 4D at the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival.
- Check into the infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction. Inside you’ll be hurtled up and down aboard an elevator-style lift and brought into…the Twilight Zone.
- Make your way over to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith attraction and race along the darkened freeways of Los Angeles in a super-stretch limo to the rockin’ tunes of Aerosmith.
- Sing along with Anna & Elsa in For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Singalong Celebration.
- In Africa, head over to “The Festival of the Lion King,” a high-energy show filled with songs, pageantry and puppetry celebrating the classic movie, “The Lion King.”
- Venture over to Pandora – The World of Avatar area where you can take a mystical journey into Pandora’s glowing bioluminescent rainforest on Na’vi River Journey attraction. This indoor boat ride will take you on a visually stunning adventure!
Character dining is a great way for you to meet some of your favorite Disney characters while avoiding the rain. Some of our favorite rainy day restaurants include:
- The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom Park where you can relish in an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet with some of your favorite friends from the Hundred-Acre Wood.
- Dine like royalty at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot. This enchanting experience invites you to feast inside a medieval castle while interacting with some beloved Disney Princesses.
- Join Safari Donald Duck and friends at Tusker House Restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This Harambe marketplace eatery allows you to enjoy African inspired dishes alongside some of your favorite Disney characters.
- Take a step back in time as you dine at Hollywood & Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to meet some Disney Junior Characters during a memorable breakfast buffet or Minnie Mouse and friends at seasonal dining parties!
The weather may not always cooperate, but being prepared can help make your day at Walt Disney World Resort a success! Our new umbrellas and raincoats are can be found in the World of Disney at Disney Springs, Once Upon A Time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Future World kiosk and Mouse Gear at Epcot and the Emporium at Magic Kingdom Park.
What is your favorite
attraction to visit on a rainy day?
*The “Rainy Day Cavalcade” will not occur if there is lightning in the area due to safety concerns.
- More Entertainment Returns This Summer with a Celebration of Festival of the Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - January 21, 2021
- Adventures by Disney Announces First-Ever Dedicated Expedition Cruises - January 20, 2021
- First Look at Actor Tom Holland as Peter Parker in WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Coming to Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort - January 19, 2021