Earlier this week we reported the sad news that Disney actor Cameron Boyce had passed away at only 20 years old. People asked us about Descendants 3 and how Disney was going to handle it, being that it’s coming out on August 2nd. I knew the movie was finished, as I spoke to Booboo Stewart who is also one of the stars, two weeks ago. Here’s what was reported from TMZ about what’s being done.
Disney has decided to honor Cameron Boyce by canceling its “Descendants 3” red carpet premiere event … and instead will donate to a charity close to him in his honor.
Disney tells us the company will make a donation in Cameron’s name to the Thirst Project … a nonprofit that helps deliver clean water to communities around the world. Cameron helped raise more than $30k for that organization … one that was close to his heart.
Disney said, “We are proud to be part of Cameron Boyce’s legacy by showcasing his talents on screen but we are cancelling the red carpet premiere event for ‘Descendants 3’ scheduled for July 22 and instead, The Walt Disney Company will make a donation to the Thirst Project, a philanthropic organization to which Cameron was deeply committed. Thank you for understanding.”
Cameron appeared in every ‘Descendants’ film. He played Carlos, Cruella De Ville’s son. He began his Disney career in 2011 on the series “Jessie” and also appeared in “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” and the Disney XD series “Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything.”
The company said, with permission from the Boyce family, the Disney Channel will dedicate the telecast of “Descendants 3” in Cameron’s memory.
So many of Cameron’s cast mates and friends have taken to social media to express their grief. He truly was a special person who was so loved. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
- The Frenzy over Figment- My thoughts - January 15, 2022
- One Little Spark… Figment Hockey Jerseys! - January 15, 2022
- TIM ALLEN WILL REPRISE HIS FAN-FAVORITE ROLE IN “THE SANTA CLAUSE,” A LIMITED SERIES FOR DISNEY+ - January 14, 2022