From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Thomas Smith
We’re celebrating this week’s kick-off of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival with a special spring episode of “Inside Disney Parks” featuring a backstage look at this year’s character topiaries – and sharing a look at the topiary that just may be the surprise hit of the event!
Before visiting Epcot, “Inside Disney Parks” takes a first look at the technology behind the upcoming Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And during the show, we also check out what’s cooking at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival and more.
Here’s a look at some of the topics covered during the show:
- Behind-The-Scenes at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – Disney Parks Live Entertainment CAD Designer Jake LaViola and Video Producer Dana Carlson give us a peek at how the new experience is being created at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy opens on March 31.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Topiaries – Horticulture manager and Disney Parks Blog author Eric Darden shows us how Walt’s idea of creating topiaries continues to amaze guests. The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival runs March 6 – June 3, 2019.
- What’s Cooking: Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Disney Parks Blog author Michael Ramirez is joined by Culinary Director at Disneyland Resort, Chef John State, for a detailed look at some of the delicious dishes at this year’s event. The Festival runs now through April 23.
- Unboxed: Briar Rose Gold – “Inside Disney Parks” viewers get a first look at April’s new merchandise – created just for Disney Parks.
- 5 Reasons to Visit Disney Springs – Disney Springs Marketing Strategy Manager Darcy Clark and Disney Parks Live Entertainment’s Dana Carlson share five new reasons you must visit Disney Springs in 2019.