From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Jeremy Schoolfield
Earlier this year, we announced several celebrity narrators for the highly anticipated Candlelight Processional during the 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, Nov. 22-Dec. 30. Now we are excited to share four more narrators who will delight guests this holiday season:
- Chita Rivera, Nov. 22 – 23
- Helen Hunt, Nov. 24-25 – NEW
- Alfonso Ribeiro, Nov. 26-27 – NEW
- Neil Patrick Harris, Dec. 3 – 6
- Whoopi Goldberg, Dec. 7 – 9
- Bart Millard, Dec. 10-12 – NEW
- Blair Underwood, Dec. 13 – 14
- Gary Sinise, Dec. 15 – 17
- Pat Sajak, Dec. 18 – 20
- Auli’I Cravalho, Dec. 21-23 – NEW
- Edward James Olmos, Dec. 24 – 25
- Jodi Benson, Dec. 26 – 27
- Cal Ripken Jr., Dec. 28-30
Held in the America Gardens Theatre, the Candlelight Processional is a beloved part of the Walt Disney World holiday season. Celebrity narrators read the biblical Christmas story backed by a 50-piece orchestra and massed choir. For the first time, performances of the Candlelight Processional begin on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22.
The Candlelight Processional is just one of many ways to experience holiday magic at Epcot, including…food! The all-new menu at the Feast of the Three Kings marketplace features sofrito-marinated beef with sweet plantains and olives, queso fresco-stuffed arepa topped with shrimp, crushed avocado aji and tomato sauce, as well as arepas topped with melted queso fresco.
Other new food items this year include:
- Black forest roulade with cherry whipped cream (Bavaria Holiday Kitchen, Germany)
- Hand-carved smoked ham with green beans and sweet potato casserole (American Holiday Table, The American Adventure)
- Three variations of croissant doughnuts at the Taste Track marketplace
For even more new foodie fun, track your purchases of five select holiday cookies in your Festival Passport by collecting a unique stamp for each one. Then, stop by Holiday Sweets and Treats to receive a special complimentary “completer” cookie…and a glass of milk!
There will also be a brand-new marketplace this year – keep checking back to Disney Parks Blog for information coming soon.
If you’d like to take some holiday magic home with you, be on the lookout for a new Festival of the Holidays t-shirt and hoodie featuring those lovable rascals, Chip & Dale, in festive attire. Or while you watch those chestnuts roast, huddle down next to the fire under a new Festival of the Holidays throw. Merchandise will be available inside Mouse Gear and throughout World Showcase.
Beyond the Candlelight Processional, several other favorites return for this year’s Festival of the Holidays. Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree Scavenger Hunt is fun for the whole family as you travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. When you purchase a map and stickers for the hunt and find all the ornaments, return your completed map for a festive surprise courtesy of Chip & Dale.
Then make your day of merrymaking complete with a viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The nighttime spectacular takes place on World Showcase Lagoon and features a special holiday-themed finale that will paint the night sky with joy. This will be the final holiday season for IllumiNations, as it is currently scheduled to conclude at the end of summer 2019. Whether you’ll be seeing it for the first or 50th time, now, more than ever it’s time to give this classic show a fond farewell.
For more information about Epcot International Festival of the Holidays or all of the other magic happening at Walt Disney World during this season, visit DisneyWorld.com/Holidays.
- The Walt Disney World Housekeeping Update You’ve Been Waiting For - February 6, 2023
- Cover Reveal for ‘The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade’ by Claudia Gray! - February 3, 2023
- New CreativeSoul Dolls Inspired by Disney Princesses Now Available - February 3, 2023