From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Sarah Harris
Whether you’re looking for some motivation to train for your next runDisney race or to get a taste of runDisney at home, our Virtual Race events are perfect for you! With distances available for all running types and abilities, a runDisney Virtual Race is a great way to have fun while staying in shape from the comfort of your home. Take a look at how it works:
Want to join the runDisney Virtual Race fun? Check out our events and see how you can participate:
2018 runDisney Virtual Running Shorts Summer Series
Get your supersuits ready to have a bold, dramatic and heroic set of races this summer on a course of your choosing when you sign up for the 2018 runDisney Virtual Running Shorts Series celebrating Disney•Pixar’s The Incredibles 2! It’s not too late to join us for a unique series of 5K runs to earn some exciting finisher medals. Learn more and sign up for the Series by June 29 at rundisney.com/virtual-running-shorts.
2019 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon
This winter, race through the galaxy on your own course during the 2019 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon! Returning for its second year, runners can choose to run the 13.1 miles all at once or break up the required mileage for shorter runs, all while earning a Star Wars-themed finisher medal. For those who want to take on the ultimate Star Wars running challenge, complete both the 2019 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon and the 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon at Walt Disney World to earn the Kessel Run Challenge medal. Mark your calendars as registration opens August 28, 2018! Learn more at rundisney.com/star-wars-virtual-half-marathon.
Planning to sign up for a runDisney Virtual Race? Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- Pick a fun, scenic route for your run. Many cities and public parks offer paved trails for runners to utilize.
- Get a group of family or friends together for a more exciting run. Even bring your favorite furry friend along!
- Get in character and print off your digital race bib to wear during your run.
- Have fun! Snap some photos of your runDisney Virtual Race and medals then share on social using #runDisney for your friends and family to see.
To learn more about runDisney events, please visit us here.
- Star Wars: Hayden Christensen Returning for Disney+’s Ahsoka - October 22, 2021
- Tricks, Treats and Magical Mischief at Disney Parks Around the World - October 22, 2021
- Plaza Point, the All-New Holiday Store on Main Street, U.S.A., is Now Open in Disneyland Park - October 21, 2021