When booking a trip to Walt Disney World, there are so many things to take into consideration. A question we often see from those planning a trip is “Should I stay on property or off property and why?” so we decided to give the Top 10 Reasons to stay at a Disney resort on your next vacation.
1. Magical Express – If you are flying into Orlando Airport (MCO), Disney provides FREE transportation to and from the airport. No rental car or taxi required! They take care of all checked baggage and deliver it to your room the same day. Plus, being on the Magical Express is a great way to get you in the Disney spirit!
3. Resort Package Delivery – This may not seem like a perk to some, but after a long day at the parks or Disney Springs, the last thing you want to do is lug your purchases around. If you are staying at a Disney resort, they will have your purchases delivered to your resort at no charge. Simply visit your resort gift shop to pick them up!
4. Dining Plan – You are only eligible for the dining plan if you are staying at a Disney resort. There are different packages available to suit the needs of every guest and at different times during the year, Disney offers the dining plan FREE (restrictions apply)!
5. Fastpass+ – By staying at a Disney resort, you have access to select Walt Disney World theme park attractions, Character Greetings, and entertainment 60 days in advance! No more standing in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for 120+ minutes! Just select the ride or attraction, pick your preferred time, and when you arrive to the park, use the Fastpass line!
6. Extra Magic Hours – On designated days, one of the 4 theme parks will open an hour early or stay open three hours later for guests staying at a Disney resort. That means smaller crowds and less wait times!
7. MagicBand – Another perk only available to guests staying on Disney property is the complimentary MagicBand! This wristband, customizable by color, is included with your reservation and connects you to all of your vacation choices, from park tickets to dining, and even serves as your room key!
8. Transportation – Hop on a bus, boat, or the monorail to get to your favorite park or restaurant. Disney has the 3rd largest fleet in Florida so getting around is no issue. And did we mention it’s FREE and picks you up from your resort?
9. Resort Room Charging Privileges – No more lugging around that heavy purse or worrying about how much cash to carry. If you are staying at a Disney resort, all purchases are chargeable to your room.
10. The Magic – For some, the magic ends when they leave the park. By staying in a Disney resort, you are surrounded by magic. From all of the perks we listed above to the themed resorts, the magic never ends.
Do you prefer to stay in a Disney resort or stay off property?