From the Disney Parks Blog and written by: Kelly Vanarsdall
Sweet on You is one of the newest (and sweetest!) additions to the Disney Fantasy unveiled earlier this summer. More than just an ice cream shop, it’s your one-stop spot for all things sweet. Themed after iconic Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, and designed with charming art details, Sweet on You features hand-crafted gelato, ice-cream and chocolates, specialty sundaes, truffles and a large selection of candy for purchase.
After enjoying a weeklong vacation on the Disney Fantasy, it’s likely you’ll want to make some of these sweet treats at home to keep satisfying that sweet tooth. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing recipes for my favorite Sweet on You desserts, starting today with chocolate dipped marshmallows that are as fun to make as they are to eat.
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Makes 10 marshmallow sticks
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup white chocolate
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Mini gummy bears
- Petite mints
- Mini river rocks candy
- Mini Oreo cookies
1. Place three marshmallows on each lollipop stick.
2. Melt the dark chocolate on the stove or in the microwave, stirring every minute so the chocolate melts evenly.
3. Dip the marshmallows into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to set. Repeat for all 10 sticks.
4. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the marshmallow sticks.
5. Add toppings immediately after drizzling the white chocolate. If the white chocolate sets before you add all of the toppings, dip the toppings in the melted chocolate and place on the marshmallow.
- ‘Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’ Returns Jan. 1 - December 2, 2022
- Disneyland Resort Offers Southern California Residents Great Value with Special 3-Day, Weekday Ticket Prices as Low as $73 Per Person, Per Day for a Limited Time, with Visits Beginning Jan. 9, 2023 - December 1, 2022
- Disney Eats: Holiday Dinner Hot Dog Recipe - December 1, 2022