This Friday through Sunday (4/21-4/23) guests of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park can celebrate Earth Day in style at the park’s annual “Party for the Planet” celebration. In honor of Earth Day, and the park’s 19th anniversary, guests can participate in several special events.
- Pick up a free snow leopard activity pack on the Maharajah Jungle Trek to celebrate the release of Disneynature newest film “Born In China” in theaters starting 4/21.
- Select on of ten different animal cut-outs and use them in your park photos. Post those photos to social media with the hashtag #DisneyAnimals.
- There will be a special conservation theme addition to the parks regular “Flights of Wonder” show and a chance to meet some of Disney’s veterinarians.
- “Embrace the adventure! There are more than two dozen other family-friendly experiences and special interactions with our animal care experts and education instructors planned throughout the park, so relax, celebrate nature and enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom!“
- Make sure you ask PhotoPass photographers about the special “Born in China” Magic Shot as well as Earth Day props that will be available at select locations.
- And of course what is a Party for the Planet event without special Earth Day merchandise on Discovery Island and in Africa or a special “Party for the Planet” cupcake or panda-themed treats? The special chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing can be purchased at Isle of Java and Creature Comforts. The panda-themed candy apples and cookies can be purchased at Zuri’s Sweets Shop.
Make sure you pick up a park’s time guide to see when and where all the special activities will take place!!