The Jungle Book 50th Anniversary
4 x 1oz Silver Coins
The collection celebrates the 50th anniversary of this much loved Disney film, which was released on 18 October, 1967. Based on Rudyard Kipling’s classic tale it was met with great praise by the critics and became one of Disney’s all-time box-office winners.
Songwriter Richard M. Sherman remembers the first time he and his brother were called into a meeting to learn about this idea Walt Disney had for a new film. “We were called into Walt’s office with several other people. We were all staff people with our own specialties. Walt sat us all down in his office and he looked at us and said, ‘How many of you guys have read Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling?’ And of course, nobody raised their hand. So I, sort of sheepishly said, ‘I saw a movie with Sabu.’ He said, ‘Yeah, yeah, but you didn’t read the book, did you?’ I said, ‘No, I didn’t read the book.’ ‘Good.’ He said, ‘We’re going to tell the story of The Jungle Book the Disney way.’” And while Walt didn’t live to see the completion of the film Richard’s brother, Robert B. Sherman, calls The Jungle Book “Walt’s parting gift to the world.”
There are four 1 oz fine silver coins in the collection; featuring selected engraving along with a full colour, classic image of Mowgli with another key character from the film – namely Baloo, Bagheera, Shere Khan and King Louie.
The coins are nestled in velvet inside a themed, antique-looking story-book style packaging. The delicate embossed pattern on the front cover is inspired by Disney’s The Jungle Book
The Certificate of Authenticity is found inside the front cover and provides further insight into the film and the characters featured on the coins.
With a collection mintage of only 10,000, you will need to get in quick to secure yours!
- Metal: 999 Fine Silver
- Finish: Proof / Coloured
- Weight: 4 x 1 Troy oz
- Nominal Diameter: 40mm
- Denomination: $2
- Country of Issue: Niue
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Mintage: 4 x 10,000
Key Selling Points:
- Officially licensed Disney collectible coins.
- Celebrates the 50th anniversary of Disney’s The Jungle Book, released on 18 October 1967.
- Each coin features a full-colour image of Mowgli with another key character from the film, namely Baloo, Bagheera, Shere Kahn and King Louie.
- Presented in beautiful, embossed and themed story-book style packaging.
- Unique present for any Disney fan or coin collector.
- Limited worldwide mintage of 4 x 10,000 coins
To order your Jungle Book coin set today, visit the New Zealand Mint website HERE.
- “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 32 STREAMS SEPTEMBER 29 ON DISNEY+ - September 10, 2021
- Do You Know? Is This Haunted Room Actually Stretching… - August 26, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer - August 23, 2021