Now that the construction at Disney Springs is almost done, and the construction walls are disappearing, the area formally know as Downtown Disney is ready to celebrate the holidays. Today Disney announced one of the new activities Disney Springs guests will be able to enjoy this holiday season!
Debuting November 11, 2016and running until January 8, 2017 at the Disney Springs this year will be the Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail. While on the “trail” through Disney Springs you will walk-through a “lovely winter wonderland complete with a gentle snow fall, toy soldiers, singers and plenty of opportunities for photos.” There will be fifteen Disney character or story themed trees along the trail that starts near the fountain outside of Once Upon A Toy.
The fifteen tree themes are:
- “Alice in Wonderland“
- “Beauty and the Beast“
- Disney Villains
- “Mary Poppins“
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- “The Jungle Book“
- “The Little Mermaid“
- The Muppets
- “The Princess and the Frog“
- “101 Dalmatians“
Of course this isn’t the only holiday event guests can participate in during the Springs first official Christmas celebration! Santa will be at Disney Springs this winter! Guests can visit Santa’s Chalet near Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop to check in and get a return time pager to take photos with Santa. Once your pager goes off you will have 10 minutes to return to the podium and check in. Santa will be available daily from noon until 10 P.M. from November 11 until December 24. Then starting December 25 through December 30, 2016 Santa Goofy will be available to take photos with guests. As an added bonus, guests with Memory Maker will have their photos with Santa included on their Memory Maker account!
Other confirmed Disney Springs Holiday events and activities include
- A nightly tree lighting ceremony at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area
- Elaborate storefront window displays at select shops
- A holiday-themed DJ dance party with games and activities at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area
- Live entertainment, including toy solider and snowflake stilt walkers, pop carolers, acapella groups and more—6:00 PM to 10:00 PM from November 11 through January 8, 2017
- Special performances celebrating Kwanza on Waterside Stage in the Marketplace on December 26 and December 27, 2016
- Songs and stories in honor of Hanukkah at Waterview Park in The Landing, with evening performances from December 24 through January 1, 2017.
- A decked out trail near the Marketplace bus loop with custom-decorated holiday trees—all centered around a different Disney theme
- Photo ops with sculptures throughout Disney Springs
- DIY – Make Your Own Madame Leota on a Budget! - October 24, 2021
- Oogie Boogie Halloween Cupcakes! - October 24, 2021
- A Look at All the Places Where ‘Hocus Pocus’ Was Filmed 28 Years Ago - October 23, 2021