We have the most up to date Theme Park and Airport Closures for you below. Please remember that for information on changing a reservation or crediting unused event or park tickets you will want to speak directly to the Theme Park or Airlines customer service department. For Disney Cruise Line itinerary and sailing changes please see our article from this morning!
Walt Disney World Theme Park and Resort Closures and News
- Walt Disney World will close at 5pm today, and will be closed all of Friday.This closures affects all 4 theme parks, both water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses,ESPN Wide World of Sports complex. No decision has been made yet about Saturday operations.(Please know that while we understand the WDW site has not yet updated at the time we went to press, we have been alerted by our official WDW rep and has been announced in park over the speakers to current park guests)
- Walt Disney World resort guests at the Fort Wilderness campground were evacuated to resort rooms yesterday. The resort has also offered to make alternative lodging arrangements for people staying in its Polynesian Village Resort bungalows and its Saratoga Springs Treetop Villas.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on October 6 and October 7, 2016 due to inclement weather associated with Hurricane Matthew. For re-booking, refunds and other options, please call (407) 566-4985, option 5, between 9 AM and 11 PM (EST). Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Our friends at Disbrides were nice enough to get us the following information regarding Disney Weddings and Catered Events:
At this time, Disney will be moving weddings that were scheduled for Friday, October 7, 2016 and any Dessert Parties scheduled for October 6 or 7, 2016.
Weddings scheduled October 8 and 9 at this time are not being moved or rescheduled and at this time are unaffected. However, based on the impact of the storm, this too can change.
Your wedding planners are working very hard to make sure they have contact with all their brides and guests. Please make sure you reach out to your planner to find out the latest updates.
Dessert Parties scheduled for October 6 and 7 have the option of a full refund OR rescheduling if the schedules allow it.
Wedding receptions over the weekend impacted by guest ability to travel can be adjusted based on your guest count and their ability to attend. In other words, you will not be responsible of 10 or 20 of your guests could not get in or chose not to come in. Prices will be adjusted per the planners.
Bridal portrait sessions in all 4 parks are canceled for Friday, October 7, 2016. As of this writing, Friday, 10/6/16 at 1pm EST Portrait Sessions scheduled for Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9, are not impacted.
Hair and Makeup artists, officiants, and photography and videography services outside of Disney should be contacted for availability.
To reach DFAP (Disney Fine Art & Photography) for any photography questions related to weddings, events, or portrait shoots on October 7th, please contact them directly at (407) 934-4004 BEFORE 5pm EST. Thursday, October 6, 2016.
To reach Disney Catered Events about your October 6 or 7, 2016 dessert party or private affair, please call (321) 939-4648 BEFORE 5pm EST Thursday, October 6, 2016 To reach DFTW (Disney Fairy Tale Weddings), please use the phone number provided to you by your wedding planners for personal use/emergency use OR the direct switchboard at (321) 236-8867 before 5pm EST Thursday, October 6, 2016.
More updates will be provided including any impact of weddings on Saturday October 8 and Sunday October 9 as we have more information.
Other Orlando Area Theme Park Closures
- SeaWorld parks in Orlando will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 6 and CLOSED on Friday, October 7. The park is expected to be open from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 8, with normal Spooktacular activities from noon – 7:00 p.m. Hours are subject to change. Please check their official website for the most up-to-date information as the weekend progresses.
Please be aware that the Call Center will close on Thursday at 2:00 p.m., and will be closed on Friday. Normal operation is expected to resume on Saturday at 8:00 a.m.
- Busch Gardens Tampa has released that they will be monitoring the path of the storm but at this time they are expected to be open as scheduled.
- Universal and Wet ‘n Wild will close at 2 PM today, all parks will be closed tomorrow and Halloween Horror nights has been cancelled for those nights.
- Legoland will close early today and will be closed Friday, Oct. 7, but LEGOLAND Hotel will be open to admit arriving guests. They expect to operate as scheduled Saturday, Oct. 8.
Airport And Port Closures
- Orlando International has announced they will be ceasing operations at 8 PM tonight, they anticipate flight operations will resume Saturday 10/8. MCO also stated passengers should check directly with their airline for information on changing or rescheduling flights.
- Sanford Airport ceased domestic flights this morning at 10 AM, and international flights will cease tonight at 6:30 PM.
- Miami International is expecting to have most flights stop by noon. They stated on their official twitter that “MIA technically remains “open” & ready for when flights resume.”
- Cape Canaveral’s commercial and cruise ports closed on Wednesday. “Under the “Captain of the Port” order, no ship traffic — including cruise and cargo ships, as well as recreational and commercial fishing boats — will be allowed in the harbor until after the storm passes and the order is lifted.”
- Walt Disney World Resort Offers Festive Fall Fun for the Whole Family - August 17, 2022
- CASETiFY Announces New Collection Featuring Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story - August 15, 2022
- New Disney x Stuart Weitzman Collection Now Available - August 15, 2022