Walt Disney World Update – Released October 7, 2016
Based on the most recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, several destinations, special events and experiences at Walt Disney World Resort are closed or have been canceled.
CLOSURES, CANCELLATIONS AND MORE
- All 4 Walt Disney World theme parks are closed through Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Disney Springs is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. Characters in Flight at Disney Springs is closed through Sunday, October 9, 2016.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled through Friday, October 7, 2016. has been canceled through Friday, October 7, 2016. For re-booking, refunds and other options, please call (407) 939-7818 beginning at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, October 10, 2016. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground—including our Campsites and Cabins—is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. All performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ through that date have been canceled as well.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has been canceled through Friday evening, October 7, 2016.
- Select spa locations—including La Vida Health Club at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort,Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness—are closed through Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Events scheduled through October 8, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex—including the Disney Cross Country Classic 2016 and Baseball Canada National Team Fall Training sessions—have been canceled.
FOR CURRENT WALT DISNEY WORLD GUESTS
Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel at the present time are advised to remain indoors through the duration of the storm. For more information—including important safety measures you can take—please speak with the nearest Cast Member.
While we continue to take every necessary precaution throughout Hurricane Matthew, please be aware of the following—in the instance that your vacation plans have been directly affected:
- Most Disney Resort hotel restaurants will remain open. However, if you wish or need to cancel or modify a dining reservation affected by Hurricane Matthew, cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests.
- In addition, Disney Resort hotel cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests. For information on checking out early and/or receiving a reimbursement, please visit the Front Desk of your Disney Resort hotel and a Cast Member will assist you in processing a refund for unused nights of your stay, park tickets and dining entitlements.
- If flights home have been canceled, Guests who booked directly with the airline and the flights are being moved, we will assist in moving the Disney Resort stay (based on availability). For Guests who booked airline travel through Walt Disney Travel Company, we will assist with obtaining another flight (based on availability) and in moving the Disney Resort stay.
- If booked with Disney, we will waive fees to modify airline flight dates and package accommodations. For Guests who have booked a reservation on their own, we will connect them with their airline to assist with obtaining a waiver for their reservation so we can modify the land portion of their reservation.
- If Guests need to checkout early or move the dates of stay, they can go to the Disney Resort front desk where a Cast Member can assist in processing a refund for the unused nights, tickets and dining entitlements.
- Guests who have specific questions on Travelex® insurance coverage, can contact Travelex® at 888-246-4967.
- Best Friends Pet Care is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. A crew will remain with the animals.
- If you have made FastPass+ selections that cannot be used due to the closure of our theme parks, you can modify your selections online or by using the My Disney Experience mobile app.
- PhotoPass Guest Support operations will be limited through Friday, October 7, 2016.
For further information about Hurricane Matthew at Walt Disney World Resort, please continue checking back throughout the duration of the storm.
Please note: the above-described cancellation details may not apply to Guests who did not book a package via the Walt Disney Travel Company or to Guests who booked a sports or group package.
Disney Cruise Line Update – Released October 7, 2016 – 8:00 a.m.
**Please note the Disney Cruise Line Contact Center is currently closed due to the anticipated weather conditions associated with Hurricane Matthew in Central Florida. We will reopen on Saturday morning, October 8.**
Based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as its expected impact on the Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:
Disney Fantasy – UPDATED!
- The October 8 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is being altered to a 6-night western Caribbean cruise departing on Sunday, October 9, from Port Canaveral. This sailing will include stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. Guests who remain on the revised itinerary will receive a pro-rated refund equal to the amount of one-night of their cruise fare and an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or407-566-7032 on Saturday, October 8.
- The October 1 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is being extended by one day given the uncertainty around the impact Hurricane Matthew will have on Port Canaveral. We are planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Sunday, October 9. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.
- The October 3 sailing of the Disney Dream is being extended by one day, as Port Canaveral will not be available for the ship’s scheduled arrival on Friday, October 7. We are now planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, once the Coast Guard has determined that the port is safe for cruise ship operations. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.
- The October 7 sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral is being cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for cruise bookings. Guests are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, October 10, to book a future cruise at a discount.
- The October 7 sailing of the Disney Magic from New York is being changed to a Canadian itinerary, with plans to visit Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Saint John, New Brunswick. Guests who remain on this revised itinerary will receive an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032.
While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew and provide updates as necessary.