Disney has released some updates this morning regarding Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line closures and event cancellations and we wanted to make sure you were in the know! Below you will find the most up to date information directly from Orlando International Airport, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line as of this morning, if any other updates are released throughout the day we will share them with you here and/or on our official Facebook page!
We also wanted to remind you of a few helpful websites and tips if you plan on traveling this weekend. If you are flying in or out of Orlando over the next few days please make sure you check with your airline for any flight changes or cancellations. If you are driving in or out of Florida please make sure you bookmark the 511 website for each state you will be driving through so that you can be up to date on traffic and road advisories. For information on Walt Disney World’s Hurricane Cancellation Policy please visit their website. Finally for the most up to date Hurricane Matthew (and Nicole) tracking information visit NOAA.gov.
Walt Disney World (As of 8:30 am ET)
Disney Cruise Line (Released 10/6 at 8am ET)Based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as its expected impact on the Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:Disney Dream
- The October 3 sailing of the Disney Dream is being extended by one day, as Port Canaveral will not be available for the ship’s scheduled arrival on Friday, October 7. We are now planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, once the Coast Guard has determined that the port is safe for cruise ship operations. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.
- The October 7 sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral is being cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for cruise bookings. Guests are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, Oct. 10, to book a future cruise at a discount.
- The October 7 sailing of the Disney Magic from New York is being changed to a Canadian itinerary, with plans to visit Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Saint John, New Brunswick. Guests who remain on this revised itinerary will receive an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032.
- The October 8 Disney Fantasy sailing from Port Canaveral to the eastern Caribbean is expected to sail as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the weather and make any necessary adjustments.
While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew and provide updates as necessary.
Orlando International Airport
Currently only American Airlines and United are they only domestic airlines to have cancelled flights into and out of MCO. Delta, Southwest, and other airlines have yet to make announcements as of 8:30 am on their websites. MCO has also posted the following announcement on their official website
And the following was posted on their official Twitter account prior to 7pm ET last night:
- Valentine Mickey Meringue Cookies Dipped in Chocolate - January 25, 2021
- Walt Disney Records – WandaVision Soundtrack! Details Below - January 23, 2021
- Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew, Disney Springs- It’s an Experience! - January 22, 2021