Anyone who has ever been down to Walt Disney World knows that it can cost a pretty penny, but have you ever stopped to think about the things that they offer that doesn’t cost a dime to do? There are many things that you can do other than just going commando style at one of the theme parks or water parks. So this week I’m going to give you some of my favorite FREE things to do while we are at the “World”.
1. Resort Hopping – Have you ever been watching the Disney vacation DVD or one of the Travel Channel shows and saw one of the Deluxe resorts but knew you didn’t want to spend that much money to stay there. Well guess what, you can at least go and hang out for the day and see what the hype may be about. You can visit each and every resort on property and it wont cost you a thing out of pocket. This is especially fun during the Christmas season when the resorts go all out for the Holidays.
2. Take a boat ride – Just like the monorail, you can ride the boats for free. Take a trip from Disney Springs over to Port Orleans or take the EPCOT Waterway boats to the Studios and back.
3. Check out a free fireworks show – We’ve done this in 2 different locations. One from the balcony at the Contemporary and over at the beaches at the Grand Floridian and the Poly. If you want the better view, the Contemporary is the best one in my opinion.
4. Hang out with Chip N’ Dale – Head over to Fort Wilderness and you can join in a sing a long with fellow Disney lovers, then watch a movie and can even roast marshmallows for a small fee.
5. Watch the Electric Water Pageant – Starting around 9:00 P.M., this parade on water can be viewed from the beaches of the Poly, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness and the Contemporary.
6. Disney Springs – Although this shopping and eating district is free to walk around and check out new merchandise, you’ll probably end up spending some money here.
7. Ride the Monorail – This one can kind of go hand in hand with checking out the resorts since you can knock out 3 in one loop. Transfer at the Ticket and Transportation and ride over to EPCOT and see it from a different perspective.
8. The Boardwalk – This place is a blast to just walk around in my opinion. Built around a lake, you can often see street performers and musicians performing throughout.
9. Tri-Circle-D Ranch – If ranches are your thing, then head over to Tri-Circle-D. Here you can see Cinderella’s Ponies and the horse of Main Street U.S.A. Different breeds include Appaloosas, Arabians, Belgians, Clydesdales, Paint Horses, Percherons, Quarter Horses and Shetland Ponies. You can also ride trails on horseback, take a wagon rides or carriage rides for a fee.
10. The Disney Wilderness Preserve – This is not technically located in WDW but is located nearby in Kissimmee. It is a 11,5000 acre preserve where you can hike and see more than a 1,000 different species of plants and animals.
These are just some of my favorite FREE things to do on a trip. What are some of yours? Let us know in the comments box.
- Disney Throwback- Body Wars, Epcot - May 28, 2022
- Disney History ~ Discovery Island - April 24, 2022
- Disney Rewind ~ History of the Florida Orange Bird - April 22, 2022