From Disney Inspired
As Minnie would tell you, there’s no end to what you can do fashion-wise with polka dots! Here’s a simple technique for turning a handful of buttons into a fantastic spotted bracelet which will make a great hand made gift.
Total Time 1hour
What You’ll Need
- White beading elastic
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Buttons, two different colors and sizes
- Craft glue
- Cut a 12-inch length of beading elastic. Fold over one end of the elastic and tie an overhand knot to form a 3/4-inch loop, as shown.
- Set a smaller button atop a larger one so that the holes match up. Then thread the free end of the elastic up through one set of holes and down through the opposite set of holes, as shown.
- Slide the paired buttons along the elastic so that they are close to the knot.
- Continue adding buttons in this way until the bracelet is the right length to fit your child’s wrist.
- Tie a tight knot in the elastic near the last button and use a drop of craft glue to secure the knot, if needed. When the glue is dry, trim the elastic ends short.
- Now your child can wear their bracelet. Simply wrap the strand around her wrist and stretch the loop over the last pair of buttons.
- New Disney Valentine’s Day Wallpapers and Printable Cards, Plus Villaintine’s Day Surprises - February 8, 2023
- Disney Pandora Through the Years - February 7, 2023
- The Walt Disney World Housekeeping Update You’ve Been Waiting For - February 6, 2023