Recently Walt Disney World has made some changes to their FastPass+ system, so tonight we wanted to take a moment to “Explain” them. With the opening of new attractions and moving of existing character meet and greets FP+ options have changed in a few parks. Also, the time you choose your FP+ options has changed, as has how you find out current wait times in the MDE app.
Originally FP+ opened at 12am ET at the 60-day point for resort guests and 30-day point for non resort guests. This changed in May, and guests now book FP+ at the 60 and 30 day points at 7am ET.
How you choose FP+ has changed too. Originally you would choose 3 options in one park (and if you didn’t choose 3 the system would auto assign you the number required to have 3) and then kiosk a FP+ in that park (or another park if you hopped) after the original 3 FP+ options had been used. As of April 2016 you can now choose 1 to 3 options in one park ahead of time, and once you have used your original options you can then add 1 FP+ at a time in the MDE app or at the kiosk for the park you are in, or the park you are hopping to. You still can’t choose FP+ options in advance in multiple parks.
With the new Frozen ride, Animal Kingdom night show, Star Wars events and character location changes, there are has been a shake up in what FP+ options are available in each park.
The new FastPass+ options are as follows:
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (when offered as a FP+ option availability may vary)
- Living with the Land
- Test Track
- Festival Concert – this option does not always occur, and until Ecpot confirms it, I wouldn’t worry, but when they are confirmed these shows tend to be Tier 1
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Epcot Character Spot (Mickey and Friends)
- Journey Into Imagination
- Mission Space (Orange and Green)
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- The Great Movie Ride
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Muppet-Vision 3D
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along
- Ariel’s Grotto
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- it’s a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Cinderella and a friend
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Rapunzel and a friend
- Meet Ariel at her Grotto
- Meet Mickey Mouse (talking Mickey)
- Meet Tinker Bell
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
*Please note these options are not always offered and you will want to check MDE for availability. *
- Parades and Fireworks w/ FP+ at MK (Viewing area for Wishes & MSEP is in new hub gardens, FoF Viewing is near the Flag pole) (when offered as a FP+ option availability may vary)
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
- Festival of Fantasy (afternoon parade)
- Main Street Electrical Parade (evening parade)
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Primeval Whirl
- The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic
- Added in 2017 : Rivers of Light
Finally, how you find out what wait times are has changed in the latest update. To find wait times in the latest MDE update follow the following steps: (UPDATE* Please note several days after this article was released Disney released an update to MDE returning to Wait Time option to the app)
- Open MDE on your mobile device.
- Go to the Attractions tab at the top of the app.
- Toggle between map or list view (seen above). This is a user preference option. If you elect to use map view you can just zoom in on the attraction in question, but list view is faster as you can search or scroll through in alphabetical order.
- Using the search option type in the name of the attraction you want a wait time for.
- After you finish typing in the attraction name, hit search or enter depending on your mobile device.
- The wait time will appear under the attractions name.
- You can also just zoom in on the attraction in question in map mode to see its wait time.
- The Frenzy over Figment- My thoughts - January 15, 2022
- One Little Spark… Figment Hockey Jerseys! - January 15, 2022
- TIM ALLEN WILL REPRISE HIS FAN-FAVORITE ROLE IN “THE SANTA CLAUSE,” A LIMITED SERIES FOR DISNEY+ - January 14, 2022