Wishes is one of the most fantastic and beautiful displays of fireworks Disney has to offer. Seats are often staked out and saved hours before the show even starts so getting a good view of the fireworks can sometimes be a challenge. Want to get a great view of Wishes but not pay the price of park admission? No problem! We’ve got you covered with our list of the best viewing locations for Wishes that are outside of the park but still on Disney property.
1. The beach –The beach areas at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Polynesian Village, and Grand Floridian offer spectacular views and photo opportunities of Wishes. Grab a blanket, a camera, and your family and be amazed as the fireworks reflect off of Bay Lake.
2. Boats – Take off on an enchanted evening cruise along Bay Lake and drop anchor for breathtaking views of the fireworks. There are two ways to do this. The first is to grab your wee buccaneers and join the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage that sets sail with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee and includes snacks and beverages. The second way is to charter a private boat tour for a fireworks cruise. These cruises have audio on board so not only will you get a great view, you also get to hear! (There are costs associated with these activities)
3. Contemporary side deck – Right under the monorail track inside the Contemporary Resort is an observation deck that has wonderful views of Wishes.
4. Bay Lake Tower – If you happen to be a Disney Vacation Club member you may be lucky enough to visit the Top of the World lounge at Bay Lake Tower. Offered on a first-come-first-served basis, this space has breathtaking views of Wishes and serves alcohol and appetizers.
5. Grand Floridian Resort Restaurants – With multiple options to choose from, many of the restaurants at the Grand Floridian Resort offer views of Wishes
6. Ohana – Located at Polynesian Village Resort, Ohana not only has great food, it also has a great view of Wishes!
7. California Grill – One of the very best places to view Wishes (besides Main Street USA) is from the outside observation decks at California Grill. Located on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort, the restaurant offers patrons the opportunity to walk outside on the viewing platform to take in all of the magic! Reservations are strongly recommended
What is your favorite place to watch Wishes?