These cute Mickey’s can be used all year long allowing you to add some Mickey or Minnie flair to parties and gatherings! Another decoration option for the directions below would be to paint the top half of the pumpkin black, and bottom red and glue yellow or white buttons to create Mickey pants. For you Minnie Mouse fans these directions can easily be modified to by adding a hair bow between the ears or painting the bottom half of the pumpkin red with white polka dots to create Mini-Minnies!
Mickey’s Pumpkin Patch from Disney Family
Leave it to Mickey to come up with this ear-resistible Halloween decoration. Made from easy-to-mix salt dough, these colorful miniature pumpkins create a colorful windowsill or tabletop display. One batch yields 4 or 5 pumpkins.
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup of the flour, the salt, and the water until the ingredients hold together. Wearing a pair of disposable kitchen gloves, knead the dough until it is fairly smooth.
2. Place a quarter or so of the dough into another bowl and knead black food coloring into it. Knead orange food coloring into the remaining three quarters of the dough.
6. Next, make a pair of Mickey ears for each pumpkin by inserting toothpicks into small balls of black dough. Gently pinch the dough to make it stick well to the toothpicks. Then flatten and shape the balls to resemble mouse ears. Place the ears on the second baking sheet.
7. Bake the dough shapes for about 30 minutes, removing them before they begin to turn brown. The ears should take a little less time than the pumpkins.
8. Allow the baked dough pieces to cool thoroughly.
9. Use a black marker to outline a Mickey head on each pumpkin. (Tip: the front resembles the upper portion of a heart.) Now your child can fill in the outlines with black paint.
10. Once the paint is dry, add ears to each pumpkin. If the toothpicks are too long, simply break off a piece to shorten them. They should hold firmly in place but, if they seem a bit loose, use drops of glue to secure them.
Here is an image from Google image search to give you an idea of the the pants suggested above: