We knew the change was coming at Downtown Disney, with the different signs and guide maps reflecting the new name, but now it’s becoming official. According to the local news affiliates, next Tuesday at 5:00 pm, there will be a name changing ceremony, celebrating the change from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs.
The name change has been gradually creeping in, so it’s no surprise that it’s finally time for the switch. I know a lot of Disney people, myself included, have a hard time with change, but the change is upon us. At least I finally stopped calling the Studios “MGM!” Disney Springs is supposed to be complete in 2016, and has added a lot of stores and restaurants and such, with more to come. Here’s what’s coming according to WESH news~
– Lake Buena Vista Drive will be widened from seven to 10 lanes.
– The I-4 interchange will provide guests an easy route to Disney Springs.
– DisneyQuest will close next year in order to make room for the NBA Experience.
– Town Center is scheduled to open by mid-2016
We drove past DTD last weekend, and the walkways that cross over the street are partially opened, as is the new ramp to the parking garage. Stay tuned to TMSM for more news as we hear!
- Releasing TODAY! The Haunted Mansion Warmer & Wax from Scentsy! - October 18, 2021
- “What’s this?” It’s a Jack Skellington Chia Pet! - October 17, 2021
- A Spooktacular Hocus Pocus Gender Reveal Party! - October 16, 2021