From Mouse to Marquee: Act 1, Scene 1 – Prologue by Addie Clark
A little bit about me: Regular readers will recognize me from my journey running the Princess Half Marathon Weekend this past February. With my next Disney race in the unknown future, I thought I’d write about another one of my passions: Broadway. In college, I wrote theatre reviews for the college paper. I have always loved theatre, especially musicals. Disney and Broadway just combine two of my favorite things and I’m excited to learn in the process of writing this for you all.
You may have noticed the unusual naming of this series. I thought it was fun. So there’s no confusion, here’s a breakdown of the “Acts”:
- Act 1: The creation of Disney Theatrical and Beauty and the Beast
- Act 2: The Lion King
- Act 3: Tarzan
- Act 4: Mary Poppins
- Act 5: The Little Mermaid
- Act 6: Newsies
- Act 7: Aladdin
- Act 8: The Hunchback of Notre Dame and other Disney Theatrical Productions
- Act 9: The Future of Disney Theatrical
In addition, each post will contain a few “Director’s Notes”, fun facts about that week’s topic for the trivia buffs out there.
I hope you’re as excited about this as I am. See you next Friday.
TMSM is thrilled to give it’s readers a chance to experience it’s new series “From Mouse to Marquee” written by Addie Clark. Make sure you don’t miss out on any upcoming segments of “Mouse to Marquee” by visiting our archives here!
- Disneyland After Dark 2024: More ‘Nites’ Than Ever Before - December 6, 2023
- 10 New Things to Be Excited For in Disney Dreamlight Valley! - December 5, 2023
- 5 Cookie Recipes to Celebrate National Cookie Day - December 4, 2023