From the Oh My Disney blog
Like most humans, The Lion King was an important part of our young lives. We frolicked with Simba and Nala, laughed along with Timon and Pumbaa, and fast forwarded through that really sad part that we can’t even mention. We learned about right and wrong, the importance of following your heart, and some other things that we’re about list for you now:
1. Friends can help you get through anything.
Especially when they know how to dance the hula.
2. Listen to your elders.
They have some pretty amazing advice.
3. If something feels like a bad idea, it probably is.
When your parents tell you to stay away from the elephant graveyard, it’s not a challenge, it’s sound advice.
4. We’re all a part of the circle of life.
…And baby lions are adorable. Especially when they sneeze.
5. Friends come in all shapes and sizes.
One’s a warthog and the other is a meerkat, but Timon and Pumbaa’s friendship is bigger than a difference in species.
6. A smile can be misleading.
…And very creepy.
7. Anything can happen.
Every day is a new opportunity to reach your full potential.
8. True love lasts forever.
Even if you’re far away from your love, or haven’t met them yet, or ran away from home after a stampede and haven’t seen them in a while, there’s nothing that can break your bond with them.
9. Sarcasm is an art.
We learned all of our best comebacks from Scar.
10. Learn from the past, but don’t dwell on it.
Rafiki’s words will live on forever.
What are your favorite life lessons from The Lion King?
- Less Than Two Weeks After Bob Iger’s Return, Florida May Reverse Decision on Disney’s Reedy Creek District - December 2, 2022
- Closing Date Announced For Splash Mountain, Plus More Information on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure - December 2, 2022
- Stars & Filmmakers from Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” Venture to CCXP – “The Legacy of Ant-Man” Special Look Now Available - December 1, 2022